90's Magnum builder

What was the name of the person who used to build the Magnum chassis in the 90's? I think he was from the Indianapolis, Indiana area. I've lost my contact information. I have one of those kart chassis.

Brian #89

My wife named the first Magnum kart, built by me, for Richard Burton back in the 70s. I won a new Magnum Sprint kart as a prize for her coming up with that name.

Magnum Chassis was based out of Columbus In. Pete Willouby was involved but Tommy Knight was involved in the design of the chassis. I think that the Smith Bros also were involved. I'm not sure what happened to the company as I got out of racing in the late 90's. These were great chassis. I was a dealer in Ohio and won alot of races on the MC-1.

We still run an old Magnum chassis . Tommy Knight sounds right and I believe they were made in Carmel IN
Magnum chassis was thought up in 1991 Pete Willoughby, I went to Columbus North high school a foster kid that I was with. He will be adopted him and he wanted to race cards will be my welding instructor in a few of us in the class got together. There was a design put together. We made the fixtures in the shop and built the first few carts, the Columbus North high school then Pete Willoughby and that is how magnum chassis got started

Magnum chassis was thought up in 1991 Pete Willoughby, I went to Columbus North high school a foster kid that I was with. He will be adopted him and he wanted to race cards will be my welding instructor in a few of us in the class got together. There was a design put together. We made the fixtures in the shop and built the first few carts, the Columbus North high school then Pete Willoughby and that is how magnum chassis got started
I don’t spell well and I use talk to text. Sorry about the spelling.

Back