adding cross

bchapman12c

i am new at this and am needing to add cross to my kart so i dont lose the LR. I currently run 60% but have been told by others who are helping me I need to be at 65-67% cross for the type of track we are running so I don't lose the left rear as much. any help would be appreciated.
thank you

Your asking how to adjust it ? Or your asking for confirmation if you should worry about it ? Very few chassis require 65 % + cross also very few tracks, What chassis ? year and model ? Which Track how well does it grip up ? what tire ? Are you having any handling issues now ?

1/6 mile, i have a 2006 phantom phenom. track grips up well, we have to run vega mch blues. the only handling issue i have is that i get loose coming out of 2 on exit and i loose alot of momentum. Newton Iowa track.

Are you pinching the exit off?
Letting it run up the hill a Little would help?
Any prep in tires.
You take washers from the bottom of r front and move them too the top of spindle.
Lft you move from top too bottom .

Last edited:
no internal prep in the tires, just outside prep, pink magic mainly sometimes for the feature i wipe a coat or 2 of goat. i def let it run up the hill, my rpm drop is only about 600 from high rpm to low rpm, so im maintaining good speed through out, just loosing the left rear.

Track makes good grip, and you wipe goat? Either track is not as good as you give credit or your wiping wrong prep. You don't need 65% + cross in a phenom.

Back