AKRA Limited Modified Flathead rules

guitarman715

I can not for the life of me find them! I have googled it and this is the only thing I can find, and I am not sure if its right? http://www.moeskartingworld.com/classes.html

Can anyone help?

I was looking at buying an engine from someone and its pretty much fully built. However, he only raced at his own home built track. So he didn't go by any AKRA rules. I can get a good deal on this engine and its fresh. I need to know what the rules are so I can ask him to see if I could run this engine in Limited Modified.

Thanks for any help!

I feel your pain.
The rule books are not written is a way that I can decipher them. (No laughing :) )
I like categories, bullet points and explanations.
The SCCA rule book rules are way more complicated but I can figure out what they're saying.
The rule book is one of the reasons I bought a clone, instead of build my own.
After a while of knowing what was going on, I kinda got the idea, but it's still sorta fuzzy.
I ordered a new 2014 rule book, should be here today.
IF I find any info on FH LTD (I'm building one also) , I'll get back w/you.

(I'm probably gonna get flamed on this comment.)

Thanks! I hope they have all the specs in the 2014 rulebook so I can ask the guy before I buy his motor. I def don't want to spend all that money, show up at the track and get dq'd.

Stuff like that needs to be clearly stated somewhere. I think.
Right now I have no clue what is legal or what the specs are.
I'm counting on my parts guys and some of the threads on B4C to say yes or no, and I'm buying what they say is legal.

From talking with a local guy alot of the tracks don't give the guys in the limited class a hard time about their engines and specs, because they need karts in those classes. So from my understanding its pretty safe to say as long as you don't get crazy with your build you should be ok. I def would still like to know the rules, because if I can help it I don't want to cheat.

No cam profile limits. .035 overbore. Stock stroke. Stock size valves. There is a no-go on carburetor venturi and throttle bore.

4.474 rod
.565 compression height piston
126 Dyno retarded up to 6*
Green stripe dual Dyno springs
ARC 6608 flywheel
A nice 348 C or later or a 360 C
Head cut for valve reliefs

No cam profile limits. .035 overbore. Stock stroke. Stock size valves. There is a no-go on carburetor venturi and throttle bore.

4.474 rod
ARC 6608 flywheel

For limited mod flathead?

4.474 rod
ARC 6608 flywheel

Is this straight out of the rulebook?

It's the basics. And that's the combo I'd run (and a lot of others). That should read 4.475 rod.

Most are running the same parts. The key is in fabulous porting on a good block and good, clean machine work.

So I got my hands on the rulebook and sent it to the guy with the engine. He says everything seems like it should be ok but he would need to tear the engine apart to check the clearances, but really didn't want to tear the engine apart being that it is fresh, so I would be taking a chance on clearances. He said the only thing he was possibly worried about that wasn't mentioned in the rules where the rules for block porting, because aparently this engine has alot of work done in that area. Going of what I have said, do you guys think it would be safe to run this engine in the limited mod class? Right now it has a cheated briggs carb and a smaller pipe than the max, so I dont see the tech guys giving me a hard time if I am not even running the biggest carb, which I would in the future but at first I would just run whats on it.

Small valve any cam any rod max bore .030 stock stroke nice tilly carb 314 348 360

A good limited would be dyno 126 cam with a 4.475 rod with piston to match or 4.500 rod
348 tilly dual springs.L rings so you can get the piston closer to the top.cant recall if your
allowed to cut the eye brow or not.but does help with the flow.

Anyone have a ballpark figure what a 348 is worth? It came in a box of modified stuff I got in a buyout. Pretty sure it would need rebuilding.

I dont believe ltd modified flathead rules are published anymore in the WKA tech manual. The last edition of a WKA tech manual that had limited rules was in 2006. Piedmont Kart Shop online still sells copies of the 2006 WKA tech manual. Those are the rules being used today except that most events that run them allow you to go as high as a max .080 overbore.

Back