Akra official announcement

billmcfast

Site Supporter
AMERICAN KART RACING ASSOCIATION

7229 Landsford Road
Monroe, North Carolina 28112
Phone(704)764-8138
1-3-2015

From The Desk of Bill McCutcheon President and CEO of AKRA, Inc.

I would like to take this opportunity to reintroduce and reacquaint myself with the Road Racing, Sprint(2&4 cycle) Programs. I am truly excited about AKRA becoming part of these great programs in 2015 and for many years to follow. We will be announcing in the coming days our New Comprehensive Insurance Programs along with many exciting programs to help the Local, Regional, and National Programs prosper in all of these Divisions.

We are proud to announce that Van Gilder is our newly appointed VP in charge of all Pavement Programs moving forward. I will be working directly with Van as we work to make each of these Divisions prosperous and exciting Programs. As many of you are aware I worked directly for years with the Carolina Cup Program at Rockingham, NC on both the Road Race and 4 Cycle Sprint Programs. I was also instrumental in rebuilding the Gold Cup Program back in the late 90’s to a level of prominence. I was an avid Road Racer and 4 Cycle Sprint Racer for many years, so I’m very familiar with each of these Programs from a personal level. Obviously Van Gilder’s record speaks for itself as to his knowledge and expertise on all of the pavement programs as to promotions and rules making. Together we are excited to bring new and innovative changes to each of these great Divisions of Karting. AKRA’s motto has always been “For The Karter by Karter’s”, we stand by that statement now more than ever. With the help and support of you the Karter and many more new team members to be announced in the coming days, we are optimistic and excited about the Future and Direction of all levels of Karting.

For additional information please contact Van Gilder at (229)848-0483 email vanelite@live.com or Bill McCutcheon at (704)764-8138 email billmcfast@aol.com.

Enjoy Karting,

Bill McCutcheon
President/CEO, AKRA, Inc

awe finally we have an organization that is for the karters, looking forward to seeing this in progression. i just hope they don't go down the old trustee path! keep er rolling bill and van.

CD

Clonedog, We believe that if you take care of the Karter first everything else will fall in place. The days of waiting on a group of Trustees with personal agendas is gone. Thanks for the thoughts.

Bill McCutcheon

A little story about Bill McCutcheon. It was November 1997 at a WKA Gold Cup race at Rockingham NC. My son Jon was racing in the flat head blue plate class. On Sunday morning after practice we went to see what group Jon was going to be qualifying in out of the 3 groups. As we went thru the list posted outside the registration building we noticed that his name was not on the list. Just then it hit me that I forgot to sign him up for the Sunday class. I then went into the registration building and the folks in there said sorry registration is already closed. Now this was about 30 minutes before the qualifying session would be starting. I tried to encourage them to sign Jon up but they insisted it was just too late. So that was it we were not racing that day, as I walked out of the registration building I noticed a big trailer backed up to the first garage stall and on the side it said McCutcheon Motorsports on the side. I then remember that name McCutcheon and he had something to do with WKA, not sure what but I think the 4 cycle ambassador. I stuck my head in his trailer side door and a man said can I help you and I told him my story at registration. He grabbed me by my coat sleeve and said come with me young man. End of story is within 5 minutes Bill had us registered to race that day. So when Bill says he is for the racers, well that is so very very true. I have never forgot that after almost 20 years!

Thanks
Steve

Thanks for sharing that memory, Steve.
I remember Bill from a gold cup race at Circleville, OH -- I went to my first 4-cycle tech seminar/WKA certification that Bill conducted there (probably 20+ years ago now).
Super guy and he's been around long enough to learn from our past mistakes.
He definitely has the racers best interest at heart. The fact that he is willing to listen to the racers and is on this forum speaks volumes.
All the best, Bill (and AKRA).

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Celebrating 25 years of service to the karting industry
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Steve and Brian,

Thanks for the kind words, I have always tried to treat the racers like I wanted to be treated when I was racing. We are going to work our butts off to do right by the racers as we move forward.

Kindest Regards,

Bill McCutcheon
AKRA, Inc

Bill,finally someone with our interests at heart!! Now if only we are careful what we wish for, we can get back on a path that will benefit us all!!!!!! Keep it coming!!!!

Thanks {THE BIG DUMMY}

I've ran dirt, sprint and laydown enduro karts over the last 40 years and of all the people I have come across, Bill and Van along with folks like Johnny Jacumin, kept kart racing alive even though the interest of those in charge was not based on the needs of the racing family like mine. I race at an akra track that's run the same week in and week out. That why myself and three of my kids from 27 to 14 still race karts. My oldest who by the way started as a karolina Karter at 8 years old, moved to Louisiana and the first thing he loaded up was his kart! Thanks guys from me and the other three generations of karters in my family!!!!

Back