Akra rule on a age

Thatkid3

What is the rule in akra about a kid that is 11 racing in a 12 to 16 class l.. say their birthday is July 23 and that kid is turn 12 is that legal by akra or is the a cut off date

What is the rule in akra about a kid that is 11 racing in a 12 to 16 class l.. say their birthday is July 23 and that kid is turn 12 is that legal by akra or is the a cut off date
There are a few questions pertaining to your question...
1. Is this an AKRA sanctioned event ?
2. Are you referring to a Series or Track were they have were own rule package and use AKRA for motor tech spec's...Not the entire AKRA rules package......
3. The AKRA participant ages are determined as of Jan 1st,per there rule book,if question #2 does not apply..

It is a track but it not in there rules so it goes back to Akra sanction rules. ...can I get a location in the book

One question pops into my head. Is the 11 year old kicking your kids but and you want him out of the class or are you nascar dad'ing and feel your kid is to good to race in the class his age dictates?

if local track i would ask track promoter, at the track i run you could move up but can't move back

Bc most weekends there is just me in my class and I ask if I could move up and they say they have to check. I like to have my kart set up and ready if I can

Then your going too need a copy of the rule/rules .
A rule book is a handy item any way .
Contact dyno cams, akra , , lewis stoudt , Dyno Don , there should be some available prety easily .

It is a track but it not in there rules so it goes back to Akra sanction rules. ...can I get a location in the book
Age determination is in the front of the rule book at the beginning of Class Structure....I agree with flattop 1 every karter should have a copy of the rules were they race....Your track,if they are using AKRA rules,should also have a copy.....

Apologize if I offended. I would suggest one of 2 things in your position.

1) look into another track near by

2) present to the track promoter that on days where you are the only one in your class they allow you to run your kart at the rear of the field in the next class up to help move the program on each race night. He pays you out at your class rate and you do not have to make any changes to your engine.

I understand #2 is not the greatest answer but it avoids several issues and headaches for the promoter while Getting you greater experience racing on a track with other karts. In my experience I have learned more about on track racing from getting passed than by passing others at times. You may also gain some respect from the guys you will be racing legally with next year by racing them clean and not hindering their racing.

The AKRA participant ages are determined as of Jan 1st,per there rule book,
Unless you can convince them otherwise , your stuck .

If your sons ready to move up and will not be in the way and create any type of safety issue because of closing rate , convince the track owner to just move you up with specs that meet that class and score you right with them, and just drop the class your currently running, if he's not willing to do that he's an idiot plan and simple, in fact you shouldn't have to present it to him he should have already came to you.
Good luck. !!

E. Minimum driver age is listed in all class structures.The drivers age onJanuary1st is his or her’s for the season. However, if during the racing season, the driver has a birthday that would make them old enough to move to an “older” class, they will have the option to move up at any time during the racing season, with the exception of the Novice class. If a driver chooses to move up to a senior class he may not move back to a junior class. All drivers must produce a current state photo I.D. card or certified birth certificate upon request. A minor’s release is required for all persons under the age of 18

Back