all thread , for pedal rods

thornhill16

I'm converting a kart setup for an adult to Jr kart , the pedal rods are too long I started to cut them but I realized they are still going to be too long , I was toying with the idea of using a piece of all thread the same diameter anyone think it'll work?

1/4" too small....remember, every MINIMUM diameter is the max strength thickness. I use 5/16" all-thread (ready-rod) and cover it with fuel tubing to prevent abrasion. It's also prone to breakage when bend, so don't bend it to a 90 for the pedal or brake -- use a proper clevis.

Attachments

• IMG_20140823_135726503.jpg
    IMG_20140823_135726503.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 63
Ok cool deal thanks ,the brake rod will fit the throttle and it's short enough , I think I can get by with.just the brake side with all thread

I'm not sure, but I think the threaded rod you find at the local hardware store isn't as strong as 1018 solid bar stock. Another thing, that threading makes for a stress riser that goes the whole length of the rod. Just that many more chances to break. I would never use it. Get a threading die and make your own, to size, as others have suggested.

Threaded rod is convenient I know, but why not stay as safe as you can?

I was always taught that the cut of a thread is nothing but the start of a crack. I would never use all-thread, especially if a kid's health (or life) has to dependy on it. JMHO

been running a piece of 1/4-28 all thread on the brake for a while now and no issues. cover with the fuel line like stated above. no problem at all. Got it at the hardware store.

Back