An old karting video from Spain

Cool vid rainman . How you been ? Raceing this weekend ? Points at capital . Next week VDKA is there hope to see you

Pretty cool, and it appears there were quite a few karts, and I think I saw a old old Arisco engine in there. Funny how karting and has evolved, at least the asphalt side of racing, into some kind of level playing field make it fair racing series with fewer and fewer competitors. The old classes were far from perfect but there were many entries sometimes TOO many!! If it keeps on evolving karting will be a memory, I miss the old way and the spirit of make it faster not todays spirit of level playing field.
Really neat video of street racing, do you what class that was?

Cool vid rainman . How you been ? Raceing this weekend ? Points at capital . Next week VDKA is there hope to see you

Lately I have only raced sprint at Langley with my PCR powered MGM. Bad news is Saturday I have to be finish installing and checking a new stator on my Unlimited All Stars engine. Good news is I got my Briggs to Hi Tech during my Spring Break to replace the messed head. On Sunday I will probably race at Langley. Good luck at CC. We'll see about next weekend.

Pretty cool, and it appears there were quite a few karts, and I think I saw a old old Arisco engine in there. Funny how karting and has evolved, at least the asphalt side of racing, into some kind of level playing field make it fair racing series with fewer and fewer competitors. The old classes were far from perfect but there were many entries sometimes TOO many!! If it keeps on evolving karting will be a memory, I miss the old way and the spirit of make it faster not todays spirit of level playing field.
Really neat video of street racing, do you what class that was?

I think there were 2 classes, 100 and 200 cc. There were Spanish and foreign drivers and the 100 cc class was won by a guy I met in the early 90s at the track he owned in Soto del Real, close to Madrid: Arquimedes Ortiz. He was the 1st guy from Spain to take part in a karting World Championship and his image in old pictures was very peculiar with his thick glasses and leather racing suit or jacket. Sorry the following article is in Spanish.

http://www.elconfidencial.com/depor...o-por-el-automovilismo-espanol-en-1966-110994

Nowadays FIA/CIK karting is worst than ever with those boring Rotax and TAG classes. That's why I prefer racing in the US, specially UAS or RR.

Back