Animal carb problem (fuel not going in)

Looking for help on an animal motor carb. It's a new blueprinted carb. I'm not sure why but I fill all the lines with methanol start engine it runs for a minute then quits. If I squeeze the line that enters the carb I see air bubbles start coming up the line form the carb, and or if I disconnect the inlet line to the carb at the fuel pump the fuel in the line then grains down into the bowl. I have a new valve cover on it. I have double checked the fuel lines to the pump and they are correct. I have new plastic tank. The cap has a small hole on top which should be the vent. If I put the pulse line my mouth and pulse it it moves fuel. Any suggestions or thoughts

Check your pulse line to the fuel pump, if it does not go direct to the pump with no valley causing it to collect water in the dip in the line!

Not sure carb new and came from Dover set up for methanol
mistakes can be made, the part about it being for methanol could have gotten lost, if it was me I'd be checking them. Of all the things suggested, as good as they are, looking at the jets is real easy.

If it's a WMS square pump, it might look like you have it hooked up correctly via the arrows. But, I have gotten pumps that the arrows were wrong. Check to make sure you can blow through the inlet and it comes out the outlet. If not you'll have to flip the pump.

Do not pulse it from the valve cover. Add a fitting, commercially available or make your own by adding a 1/4" hose fitting to the top cap on the side cover.

Sometimes, when fuel tanks are new, the shards from drilling out the plastic remain in the tank, contributing to plugging up filters & pumps. An in-line filter prior to the pump is important, and start all over, to make sure needle & seat are unobstructed.

Will check that also but did talk with Dover and they confirmed pulse is from side cover not valve cover where I have it now. Thank you all for your input

If you are pulsing from the breather hole in the side of the valve cover that is facing the carb it won't work. Although it will work if you pulse from the bottom chamber of the valve cover for legality purposes it must be pulsed from the top oil fill fitting on the side cover.
A defective valve cover or a plugged breather will keep the fuel pump from working.
If you still have trouble take the valve cover off and try again.

Back