Animal Carb rebuild kit

Dover Power! Or send it to Dover and have it gone thru completely! Had two carbs redone by them over the winter and couldnt be more pleased!

Part # 555605 is Briggs number for a Carb overhaul kit. Any Briggs dealer can get you one! Think they list for about $12 bucks.

Part # 555605 is Briggs number for a Carb overhaul kit. Any Briggs dealer can get you one! Think they list for about $12 bucks.

Not to get off topic, but...

Any Briggs MOTORSPORTS dealer can.

A good friend is the local B&S authorized warranty shop, fixes all the big box stores stuff under warranty. He cannot order any of the 555*** part numbers without paying money to B&S to be a Motorsports dealer. I think it's BS, no pun intended, that they won't sell him the parts. His sales guy won't even help him with a dealer trade type of thing. I'm sure they have their reasons, but to me it seems like it's limiting the sport as well as the sales of their dealers.

I have a feeling it would put the clone to sleep at our track if local racers could drive 3 miles to pick up an LO206 or Animal or parts for one.

***Stepping down from my soapbox now. Sorry for the rant. :cool:

I don't see the local lawn and garden shop or Palmetto on this Briggs forum every day helping people with their Briggs engine questions.
I don't envision the local lawn and garden shop devoting the time and effort to support kart racing like some of the dedicated members of this forum do.
Example: Steve Baker, Brian Carlson, Gonzari, Jimbo and others
Do they have a dyno, flow bench, milling machines, lathes and thousands of dollars of tooling devoted to Briggs racing engines?
Some may but i would say that most do not! It's a completely different end of the business.
I'm sure they would be more than happy to take your money for the parts but if they don't have racing experience they won't be able to help you with your problems or questions.
For your information i would make $4.68 on the carb kit and gasket set.
That is not deducting for the time it takes to make out the shipping label, pay my help, box up the parts and do the initial paper work or prepare my taxes or pay Bob to have their banner displayed on this forum.
I'm guessing that's going to equate to a wage that most people would not even consider working for.
I'd suggest you support the people that support this forum and freely give out information.

Jim, I am not saying that they would or even could do what you and all of the folks you mentioned do. And that it isn't great for the sport that you all go above and beyond to help us racers out. I agree with your statement, and I, as well as most guys here, are very thankful for what you all do.

I order parts from and services many folks here on Bob's and try to spread it evenly, I do it because of just what you said, to support those who help. However, it's extremely frustrating when you unexpectedly need a common part (especially when you are a new race dad and mistakenly don't have a spare that experienced folks would keep on hand) that would generally be in stock on Friday afternoon for a race on Saturday afternoon and don't want to spend $70 overnight shipping for a $30 part. When you can run to a B&S dealer who might stock common items since they are in close proximity to a kart track and get it quickly. It's pretty humbling to tell a little boy who's excited and looking forward to racing tomorrow that he can't because dad didn't know to keep a spare part on hand and watch him try to hide his tears.

Again, please do not think I am trying to be an **s or that I do not respect the ability or am not appreciative of what many of you guys do to help, that was not my intent at all.

If your "regular" B&S dealer really wanted to sell motorsports parts, it is VERY easy and I'm sure his salesman would LOVE to sell him the parts/engine inventory to be a "motorsports" dealer. You see, to "stock" the parts you are looking for, he will need to buy them. The "motorsports" lowest level buy in is very affordable. If you have a couple guys looking right now to buy a few LO206's, some parts, and gaskets.... you probably have a pretty good head start to getting there. B&S makes him order the parts he stocks now. No different in ordering "motorsports" parts. If there is a "want" to do it, it can be done.

But in the mean time.... hard to be the service from the guys on here supporting the forum. ;)

When I first got into karts many years ago I quickly discovered that several local mower places didn't want to know a damned thing about race karts and I was just a bother to them. If you check out suppliers closest to you you can probably find one that can ship Fed Ex Ground (roughly same pricing as UPS) and you can have it next day. I often use a supplier that is about 325 miles away, and if they ship it, I get it by 9am the next morning, Saturday included.

Back