animal engine oil

jta4455

Just wondering if anybody has any recommendations on what they run for oil in ikf animals? I heard that mixing dyno k and cyclone heavy oil 50/50 would be good to run but wondering if anyone else has any feedback. Thank you.

I hear if you add 20% methanol it works great. That way it's already thinned out and ready to seize the rod.
Seriously, i'll bet neither oil company would recommend mixing their oil with any other oil.
Would you use this concoction in your crotch rocket or Corvette?
I'll bet most people with Yamahas us Yamalube. I'll bet most people with Hondas use Honda oil.
I'll bet most people with Corvettes or Porches us the recommended oil.

Here's a radical idea. Why not use the oil that the engine mfg makes and recommends for their engines?
It's called Briggs 4T and it's made by an oil company with a decades long history. (Amsoil)
It was developed by Amsoil engineers and Briggs just for their engines.

I had excellent luck with the oil that Valvoline used to make for Briggs, so I think the oil Amsoil makes for Briggs is probably even better. I haven't run the Amsoil, but have had excellent luck with Red-E..

I agree with Jimbo, mixing different brands of oil with differnet additive packages doesn't seem like a good idea. I wouldnt go there personally..
Best of luck,
K~

A word to the wise with regard to racing oils; the American Petroleum Institute has specs which manufacturers of motor oils for street driven vehicles must meet, and those specifications include compatibility when different ones (for the same service(s), as designated by the API rating) are mixed. NO SUCH SPECS EXIST for "racing oils", so the advice given above to avoid mixing racing oils is extremely good advice. Basically, when you mix two different brands of racing oil, you have no idea what the outcome will be until it's way to late to save the engine.

I like the SPL OHC oil. its the only oil out there that mixes with methanol and has a rust inhibitor. Works well for the guys getting rust on the rockers and other places.
JMHO

You are going to get a LOT of opinions on this subject because people have personal preferences that they like. Dyno K and Cyclone Heavy are both good oils, as all of the guys above, I would recommend AGAINST mixing the oils, and as Jimbo said, both manufacturers would probably recommend the same.

I have not used the Amsoil 4t oil yet, but I hear it has good reviews. Dyno K & Cyclone are good, I like Thor lite or heavy, I have also had good luck with FHS Hurricane medium. Honestly, it's hard to get a "bad" oil these days. Change it often, don't overheat your engine, and keep a clean air filter on it and worry about racing. You are not going to win a race just by changing oils.

Back