Animal rebuild

old99

Just thought I would throw this out there. Haven't really done much engine rebuilding since the flat head days, we have been using engine we purchased from Baker Racing for my grandsons racing....with much success I must say. I have a bunch of animal parts laying around I have collected over the last few years. I am wondering what piston to cylinder clearance and finish is used in an Jr alcohol animal? I'm going to build one just for fun I guess and see how it turns out. TIA

Just thought I would throw this out there. Haven't really done much engine rebuilding since the flat head days, we have been using engine we purchased from Baker Racing for my grandsons racing....with much success I must say. I have a bunch of animal parts laying around I have collected over the last few years. I am wondering what piston to cylinder clearance and finish is used in an Jr alcohol animal? I'm going to build one just for fun I guess and see how it turns out. TIA
.0025" clearance will work fine if you have a straight bore.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
33 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Not building engines anymore, we sold BRE last year. But with regards to P to W clearance, .0025 is ok ( a bit tight ! ) and up to .006 would be considered max clearance.
We always considered between .003 and .004 to be optimum.
Steve

Not building engines anymore, we sold BRE last year. But with regards to P to W clearance, .0025 is ok ( a bit tight ! ) and up to .006 would be considered max clearance.
We always considered between .003 and .004 to be optimum.
Steve
Thanks Steve...sorry to hear you aren't building engines anymore we won many races with you engines. We are moving to lightening sprints this year so we may have a few BRE engines for sale here soon.

Last edited:
Thanks Steve...sorry to hear you aren't building engines anymore we won many races with you engines. We are moving to lightening sprints this year so we may have a few BRE engines for sale here soon.
Javin and Clair the new owners are doing a great job at BRE. They are as busy as I always was.

Back