Another dumb question

My buddies and I are running the stock carb. Switching to something like a Tillotson HL makes a lot more power though. In our case we were overdriving the tires (Vega Blue) on the track we were running on (Avon/sprint track) so to take some power away we went back to the stock carb converted to alcohol.

It's tough to go fast on a budget, but we're making it work!

I take it you are not running by the Briggs Lo206 rules.
The 308 or 310 cams are great for the briggs engine. You can run the stock carb or bore it out if rules permit. But to make that engine really put out HP. A tillitson WX 304 alcohol will make a dramatic increase in performance. Even with the gas 304 or a Mikuni carb it will fly., The stock crank , flywheel, and coil are good to go for well over 8,000 rpms. And make hp all the way up.

I’m not riding kart, I’m doing drag racing with minibikes

Attachments

• 7FDC968D-8497-49A0-A57B-833902868435.jpeg
    7FDC968D-8497-49A0-A57B-833902868435.jpeg
    48.3 KB · Views: 20
Timeismoney, that looks like fun! I'd like to try it, but I'm too old and clumsy to race anything on two wheels!

Like One Fast Cat says, the Tillotson WX304 makes a big jump in power over the stock carb. We've ran our Animals both ways - stock carb and WX304 - both on alcohol.

The Briggs Animal is a great platform to build from for a modified engine. I'm sure having a lot of fun experimenting on mine!

I take it you are not running by the Briggs Lo206 rules.
The 308 or 310 cams are great for the briggs engine. You can run the stock carb or bore it out if rules permit. But to make that engine really put out HP. A tillitson WX 304 alcohol will make a dramatic increase in performance. Even with the gas 304 or a Mikuni carb it will fly., The stock crank , flywheel, and coil are good to go for well over 8,000 rpms. And make hp all the way up.
I have a 206 and scored a used world formula cam don't have valve springs yet. I'm eager to c if cam will pull kart quicker down straight.

I have a 206 and scored a used world formula cam don't have valve springs yet. I'm eager to c if cam will pull kart quicker down straight.
I was talking more about the 206 without the Lo206 coil. Lo206 coil will limit your RPMs.
The World formula cam is better than the stock 206 cam. There are a lot of cams to choose from.

I’m not riding kart, I’m doing drag racing with minibikes
Those are fun. I watched a few videos of Detroit Mini bike racers. Looked like a big party. I have built a few engines for them. And mostly just build them like a Jr Dragster.
The 308 cam is good. There are others that would give you a wider power band. But whatever you do. That carb is going to still allow only so much air to get into the engine.
Good luck and have fun! You only have to be faster than your competition!
:cool:

Those are fun. I watched a few videos of Detroit Mini bike racers. Looked like a big party. I have built a few engines for them. And mostly just build them like a Jr Dragster.
The 308 cam is good. There are others that would give you a wider power band. But whatever you do. That carb is going to still allow only so much air to get into the engine.
Good luck and have fun! You only have to be faster than your competition!
:cool:
Yea bro super fun. I also watch Detroit minibikes if I was to switch out carb what Manifold & carb should I get stock manifold looks too small to just any carb on it

A stock manifold will handle a little bigger carb, it is the bolt pattern that will get you. Make sure you align the carb to the manifold, it is not just a put carb on a tighten the bolts job. If not aligned the manifold will partially block the flow , causing some inversion.

A stock manifold will handle a little bigger carb, it is the bolt pattern that will get you. Make sure you align the carb to the manifold, it is not just a put carb on a tighten the bolts job. If not aligned the manifold will partially block the flow , causing some inversion.
So I can just order me a 28 Mikuni carb and the stock manifold would work

Back