Anybody run 2" rear stagger

MDR

I drove a kart last weekend with 2'' of rear stagger and it worked real good, I new here and wanted some input on this kind of set-up. The track was a 1/16 semi banked track and I will be taking my kart down there in a couple weeks, and need to know if I need to order some 9-3/4 wheels for the right side.

I ran a track that was a little bit smaller than this and was running 2 1/2" of rear stagger. Seems like alot but it really helped the cart turn, and on a track that small, you are basically turning the entire time. Be advised, though, I was running Hooiser treaded tires. Some guys were running slicks and I was able to be competitive, but I do not know what stagger they were on.

I ran a track that was a little bit smaller than this and was running 2 1/2" of rear stagger. Seems like alot but it really helped the cart turn, and on a track that small, you are basically turning the entire time. Be advised, though, I was running Hooiser treaded tires. Some guys were running slicks and I was able to be competitive, but I do not know what stagger they were on.

Where is this track located?

1/16 in a pretty small track. My personal thoughts are it depends a lot on the radius of the turns.
A 1/16 track could "possibly" have only 65 feet between the straights. If that was the case, only guessing, theoretically, the stagger could be as much as 2 13/16. The banking, depending on the degrees, could call for a slight decrease in the stagger.

Back