Anyone have access to a mill?

Quote[" think I have a way to do it, just a little more complicated. I'll just have to try it sense this just seems too complicated for anyone to attempt. "]

I think that is a pretty arrogant statement considering the company you're in here on Bob's. There are some very talented people here with many years experience. What makes you think they would do it cheaper than any other machine shop?

I'm making the sketches Jack, got two different ones. Plotting the four link angles to determine they're correct with the drawings first. Just have to ensure the angles work. I really think two pieces would be easier to make. But, aside from the main "pieces", nothing else.

Harry, I appreciate your concern. Perhaps it's a bit arrogant, I don't blame you. But, I'm not looking for a state of the art 3d CNCed piece. Not that I was trying to be rude, but I'll hack at it with saws and drills to make them if I have to. I'll do whatever it takes.

I'm making the sketches Jack, got two different ones. Plotting the four link angles to determine they're correct with the drawings first. Just have to ensure the angles work. I really think two pieces would be easier to make. But, aside from the main "pieces", nothing else.

Harry, I appreciate your concern. Perhaps it's a bit arrogant, I don't blame you. But, I'm not looking for a state of the art 3d CNCed piece. Not that I was trying to be rude, but I'll hack at it with saws and drills to make them if I have to. I'll do whatever it takes.
'Pocket-wise'.. ..that's ur Best bet! (my bet!)

I've reviewed my request and changed plans due to some research I've done.

I need four, 1/4" thick pieces of aluminum with an outside design cut. Two bigger identical pieces, two small identical pieces. Final dimensions will be posted hopefully by tomorrow afternoon. All four pieces will have one 3/8 hole drilled , with two smaller holes.

If you think it will be easier for you to plot and drill the suspension mounts holes I'll supply the drill size incase I want to tap those later. If not I have a drill vice and can drill those myself to save time or money.

Hopefully this is much a less complicated task that won't require a lot of time. If you'd like to undertake this project let me know. As I said I'm redoing the drawings and hopefully will have the exact dimensions posted by tomorrow night.

Can't believe no one could make these, everyone that busy or just don't want to bother with it?

I have CAD/CAM software to program it. Send hand drawings and I’ll give you a CAD drawing and the program to machine it. For free.
Comments, compliments, criticisms and questions always welcome.

Back