Anyone Have Infinity Helix Champ Setup Info?

We picked up this Helix turnkey just to have as a spare to play around with and it actually isnt horrible on 1/5 mile dirt the way it sits. And its a kart I can actually fit in lol. Anyone have any set up info on these Helix's or any other relevant info? Ive been told its a Infinity Helix but there is no tag or anything on it to verify. A couple things I dont like is the kart sits so low to the ground its ridiculous. The seat bottom scrapes pretty bad lol. I'm 6' 250 lbs so should I run a higher cross?
Image (2).jpeg

Last edited:
Looks like an Infiniti cage but no way to tell which model without pictures of the chassis (they aren't stamped anywhere and don't have a serial number). If it is a Helix it will be easy to tell as they had a very unique right rail setup. @XXX#40 is a wizard with the Infiniti's and might be able to give you a good baseline.

Attachments

• Helix.jpg
    Helix.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 37
Looks like an Infiniti cage but no way to tell which model without pictures of the chassis (they aren't stamped anywhere and don't have a serial number). If it is a Helix it will be easy to tell as they had a very unique right rail setup. @XXX#40 is a wizard with the Infiniti's and might be able to give you a good baseline.
Yes the outside right rail passes under the inner right rail just like your picture.

My son has an infinity flat kart. Absolutely flies when we have the tires right. We're looking for an infinity champ now as he's making the switch. I don't know on the infinity, but I run lower cross on my champ than on the flats. I'm 6'2 was 260 when I got it. Now down to 248, to go faster!! LOL. I do get away with way more air pressure than others, which keeps mine from scaping.

We picked up this Helix turnkey just to have as a spare to play around with and it actually isnt horrible on 1/5 mile dirt the way it sits. And its a kart I can actually fit in lol. Anyone have any set up info on these Helix's or any other relevant info? Ive been told its a Infinity Helix but there is no tag or anything on it to verify. A couple things I dont like is the kart sits so low to the ground its ridiculous. The seat bottom scrapes pretty bad lol. I'm 6' 250 lbs so should I run a higher cross?
View attachment 29538
You got a good one, the Helix made a bad fast champ kart.
First get that seat re mounted, no way it should be touching the ground.
A piece of plywood clamped to the frame covering the opening under the chassis where the seat goes is always our first step.
Don't cover the rear Z bar or LR nerf tube seat struts mount there.
For you the RR seat strut needs to be no less than 3.75in off the inside engine rail and leaning forward about 2 inches
Picture076.jpg

Mount the strut and snug it up first.
Set the seat in with the crotch no more than a ¼ off the steering upright, and the center of that area ½ to the right of center of the upright.
Picture078.jpg

Rotate the seat down until the top of the back of the seat is 8.5 inches off the axle.
A piece of wood cut to length and a quick grip helps hold the seat at that position.
Now install the LR seat strut.
Slide the front mounts into place and mark with a silver sharpie or something you can see.
Use nylock nuts and rubber washers between the seat and the mounts and just snug them up don't over tighten.
When you get done, the seat should be able to be unbolted, removed and replaced without having to twist the seat to get the holes lined up, drill holes slightly larger than you bolts.
This should have you close for the baseline as well when you finish.
46% nose. Never lower.
55-56% LS
58% cross. To start.
Stock caster, in the forward location on the RF if that one has it, not all did.
-3.00 RF camber
+ .25 LF.
Both front tires in as far as possible.
Tie rods in the center or back hole.
Toe as close to 0 as you can get it, with the right side square. (Smaller than a ⅕ mile toe the lf out no more than 3/16 on a bull ring)
RR tire as close to the frame as you can get it, they came with double locking RR hubs, it it doesn't have one add a lock collar behind the hub to keep it from moving in.
1 ½ front stagger.
1 Inch rear.
38.5 inch rear track.
I'd suggest stripping the kart down and reassembling it, making sure the front dog house, nerfs, and rear bumper all fit without binding them, and that all move freely.
Good luck.

Lol no wizard, just a bunch of laps on them before they were released 🤣
The picture you posted brings back memories, that chassis got destroyed on its way to its 5th straight win.

Last edited:
Lol no wizard, just a bunch of laps on them before they were released 🤣
The picture you posted brings back memories, that chassis got destroyed on its way to its 5th straight win.
I got this kart dirt cheap turn key. The seat is a xxl so its pretty big. And it sits waay low. The bottom is even with the bottom of the chassis tubes. The bumpers are pretty rigid. I'll get them loosened up. Unfortunaly I had to rob some tires to get my daughter rage figured out. So Ill have to get new treads for it. I'm thinkin 11x8-6 on the RF and RR, 11x5.5-6 on the LF and 11x6.5-6 on the LR. does that sound right?

Yes that looks good
I got this kart dirt cheap turn key. The seat is a xxl so its pretty big. And it sits waay low. The bottom is even with the bottom of the chassis tubes. The bumpers are pretty rigid. I'll get them loosened up. Unfortunaly I had to rob some tires to get my daughter rage figured out. So Ill have to get new treads for it. I'm thinkin 11x8-6 on the RF and RR, 11x5.5-6 on the LF and 11x6.5-6 on the LR. does that sound right?

Back