ARC 6252 Billet rod

The Hemi style block on average has a shorter factory deck height. It is shorter because the factory Hemi piston is .020 shorter than the dish style piston used in the Non Hemi engines. The 6252 rod is a +.040 longer rod that will in most Hemi blocks put the piston too far out of the hole. This rod was made to use the shorter Hemi piston in the taller deck height Non Hemi block.

The Hemi style block on average has a shorter factory deck height. It is shorter because the factory Hemi piston is .020 shorter than the dish style piston used in the Non Hemi engines. The 6252 rod is a +.040 longer rod that will in most Hemi blocks put the piston too far out of the hole. This rod was made to use the shorter Hemi piston in the taller deck height Non Hemi block.

Will it stick the stock Hemi piston more than .020 above the Hemi block deck?

It will depend on the block. Just like any industrial block the deck height varies from block to block. Of the ones I tried the 6252 in they stuck out around .015, which in my opinion is too much. I do not like any pop out in OHV engines.

It will depend on the block. Just like any industrial block the deck height varies from block to block. Of the ones I tried the 6252 in they stuck out around .015, which in my opinion is too much. I do not like any pop out in OHV engines.

Thanks that is what I was thinking

The Hemis I had with a .040 rod all ended up at .008-.010 pop up... Perfect for a .040-.045 gasket...
You just have to measure before you order...

I'm wondering if there is enough thickness between the top of the hemi piston and the top ring to radius the edge of the piston and create a squish area in the hemi chamber around the periphery kind of like a 2 stroke. then you could use a .040 rod and thinner gasket. Just would have to be sure to check valve clearance around TDC during overlap.

Back