axle position

I have been inspecting my (new to me) setup on my chassis. I noticed it was extremely low on the left rear frame clearance, so I checked the left rear axle mounting location. the left rear is in the highest mounting hole, effectively lowering the frame. that, combined with a 11 inch tire, is giving me a very low left rear. The front end is also low on both sides, which should give me room to adjust for wedge adjustment if I choose to level the axle. Input?

Are your corner weights what they should be? If so, and it handles well and doesn't drag on track to slow you down, I wouldn't worry about it.

I like to keep the axle level on both sides and make my adjustments up front. Run it as low as you can without hitting the track. Problem with tilting the axle is the brakes and sprocket wear unevenly if it's off a lot.

Are your corner weights what they should be? If so, and it handles well and doesn't drag on track to slow you down, I wouldn't worry about it.

corner weights HEHEHE I wish I had scales or knew someone who does. haven't hit the track yet, just a parking lot, and that is obviously a lot different. I don't see the advantage to the frame being that crazy low. I also learned on here that sometimes too low, or too much left side weight is worse, because you don't use the outside tires as much and you need some transfer. So, in the parking lot, spun the kart around a few times.. and one time it spit the chain off. not after that though, and I did spin it once or twice after. If I did level the axle, I would need to adjust the wedge obviously. Ive been thinking about it a lot today. I do want to hit the track first though

Ran at the local track, and I was loose all day. tried a slightly larger left rear, worked with air pressure, trier to adjust my line.. nothing would get it to bite from center off. basically the whole time I had the throttle on. I think some of the problem was te small oil leak I had, but I have to replace the right rear tire already. It is gone! Im leveling the axle right now, two new right sides are on the way.

I usually run a level axle and stagger to turn.

stagger was 1.5 inches cold with air pressure set to race. But the frame was lowered a hole on the left. I leveled it with the right side today. got the motor cleaned up and the jet cleaned out(plug looked a little lean). I have two new tires on the way and I need to turn some more laps. hopefully tearing the governor shaft out and sticking a bolt in it is going to fix the oil leak. crossing my fingers. I need to set up some scales of some sort

Back