Battery charging

atwoodracing20

Dew Dawg
I would like to get some kind of power inverter or something like that to run a trickle charger at the race track for our Stage 1 modified battery. It is just a mower battery. I do have a generator, but only a Tacoma truck to pull the car and trailer with. Need to save towing weight where i can. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

I would like to get some kind of power inverter or something like that to run a trickle charger at the race track for our Stage 1 modified battery. It is just a mower battery. I do have a generator, but only a Tacoma truck to pull the car and trailer with. Need to save towing weight where i can. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.
So are you trying to get away from bringing the generator?

I'd just run the generator to charge it or if the track has power available I'd do that. I ran into an issue running an inverter to charge my phone and it ran the battery down in my Durango (27 series battery) multiple times. If you had a diesel with 2 batteries I'd say it would be fine but idk how big the battery is in a taco but I can't see it being that big.

Yes trying to save weight, but I may just have to take it. Small truck, big tires and stuff to bring. Should have bought a bigger one
The issue with a trickle charger is that they are made to charge and sustain that charge over long periods of time. If you are dead set on trying the trickle charger you could try 1 of those solar charging units for a cell phone as I doubt the trickle charger pulls any more power than a cell phone. Or a power block for a cell phone may work as well.

Back