Beginers kart understanding

Jwk7182010

Ok guys i have a ultramax phase x im racing this year.. this is my second year as the first year i did no good lol. Im trying to figure out what all the adjustments do and how to kno what to adjust for certain situations as far as what camber change does what caster change does i dont mind givng my number to someone who can help me i have pen and paper ready to write stuff down thanks in advance

Google nogoats.net....has some good info on there....i printed the info and placed it in a three ring binder to have trackside to make adjustments. From experience only make one adjustment between races. This will help you to feel the adjustment next time out...once you have more seat time you'll be able to make more than one adjustment at a time to get the desired results.

Starting with good reference books like Todd Godwin's series would give a better fundamental understanding of the concepts involved. Other than that, try to make changes one at a time with chassis, so you can distinguish which changes increased or decreased performance.

I suggest getting and reading what was already suggested.

My personal short of it is there are different specific ways your tires normally need to be used at different places around the track.

The short of mechanical adjustments is they change how weight is moved out on the track to push your tires differently into the track everyplace around the track, because of changing on track forces.

Tire adjustments including changing tires, air pressure and prepping tires, physically changes the ability of tires to grip every place around the track.

Total setup determines your ability to give and take away from your tires enough grip so they can handle what they need to do for you all around the track; per your speed and the amount of hp you have available to apply.

Back