Beginner Clutch

CarsonRocket

I have a brand new 2 disk 6 spring Bully Clutch. Will that work on a purple plate FH engine? If so what should the stall be set at? Thanks for any help on this.

http://www.buller.net/Contact

I think you should start by copying and pasting your question at the url I posted.

Kermit Buller will probably tell you what springs and settings you need to use your clutch on a FH engine. And I'm sure others who have done the same or know what's needed will post here too.

I have a brand new 2 disk 6 spring Bully Clutch. Will that work on a purple plate FH engine? If so what should the stall be set at? Thanks for any help on this.

It will work fine. Kind of overkill for jr1, a single disc would work better in my opinion, but what you've got will be fine (and is something you can grow into.)

Clutch stall should be set at peak torque for your engine. Your engine builder will have this information for you if he didn't already provide it. Most jr 1 (purple plate) flatheads are going to make peak torque between 3200- 3400 rpm depending on that particular builder's combination. Bully clutches offer a lot of adjustability to accommodate many different engine applications. Different springs and weight combinations can get you exactly what you need.
Give us a call at the shop here if there's anything I can help you with.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
26 years of service to the karting industry
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back