Bell vs Simpson

RyanPatrick89

Im looking at buying a GTX 2 or a simpson shark. Whats does anyone thing about the GTX? I have a vudo now but its really heavy so im not sure if i want a shark or not. Any feed back from the helmets would be great! thanks

i have the GTX and like it, was looking to buy the Vudo and the supplier talked me into the Bell instead, saved a few dollars even after buying an extra shield.

Always try a helmet on for fit and placement of the chin strap. 20 years ago, Simpsons would choke me and Bells always fit ME better.

If you are reclined way back in the kart the lower portion of the helmet chin may hit your chase (Enduro racing issue especially).

John

What Racebrewer said. In the end, the final choice should be driven most by which fits you best. I've always leaned toward Bell, but the main reason is that whatever model I chose always fit me well. Other people have the same experience with other brands, some of which don't fit me that well.

Simpson's always fit well.

Something you may want to consider if your racing dirt is helmets with removable padding's. I've got oily skin and the dirt just cakes up in my helmets after a year. Pyrotect is a company I plan on going with next, smaller organization. They offer some pretty sweet carbon fiber helmets with removable paddings and liners, you can replace them if they are dirty or even by different pads for sizing issues.

Back