Best pit stand / buggy for champ kart???

Transitioning from a flat kart to a sr champ kart. Currently have a nice " scissor stand".. Is there any advantage to converting to the box style pit stand/ buggy?

As long as you (and a friend :) ) are going to continue picking it up and putting it on the stand, no, unless you want to be able to push it around the pits, too, in which case go with the pit buggy with tires. The next step after that is to spend lot of money (been worth every penny to me; tired of having to pick it up) on something like the KKT electric kart lift with a winch and pneumatic tires. It became a real help when we started running our driver in 2 classes, as his father could get him into the other champ for the next heat or main while I dealt with the first one single handed. Until I got tired of picking the beast up (and we only ran one class with one kart), we used both the scissors stand and a wheeled pit buggy at times.

Seay stands looked really interesting - sort of like the Stone kart stand but looks more stable. Does it fold up or is it strong enough to put the kart on the stand in the trailer?

They don't fold, but swivel at the middle, stand the kart on the bumper, push the stand to the kart, pull the handle.
Yes, you can leave the kart on the stand in the trailer they are very strong

Back