Big Track Tire Prepping

conner hardy

Looking to start running at bigger tracks like Southern Kartway in Loris Sc. Only use to smaller tracks where the goal is to get tires soft in the 30s and mostly use goat pee. I know at bigger tracks you don't want real soft tires. Gonna be using Pink and Blue Maxxis looking for a starter tire prep program whether it be heating them up during the week and prepping them, just applying prep, using inside prep and rolling, or whatever it maybe. Just looking for some help to get started.

If the Racing surface requires softer more prepped up tire to get a hold of it that's what you need to regardless of track size , Which prep , method and amount is all about track condition when you race , track size means nothing .

Theres a lot of different prep lines out there that work at any of the tracks in that area of Southern Kartway, including mine. My advice is find one you feel comfortable using, getting the info you need to use, and one thats very simple.
If theres anything i can help with id be more than happy to help.

You have a PM , But here ya go " ^^^ " Best Advise anyone could give ya is simple, have a Pad and Pen ready and Call Earl and do EXACTLY what he Recommends.

Good Luck !!

Agree with Earl....There's plenty of preps out there that will accomplish what you want.
Pick one and stick with it. Andy, Earl, me...A big advantage for you starting out would be to get with someone that can be at the track with you every week. That won't be me. While we have customers running in your area, you likely won't see me personally at your track.
If you've got a group of guys that you typically pit with or run the same chassis/engines/etc, it might be beneficial for you to connect with them and see what they are running. Knowing which tires to be on can be a real challenge if you're a lone ranger at the track. Having more data to look at (fresh rolled tire, 2 month tire, current date code, harsh PRW, (what internal, how much, and when)) when compared to others running the same program as you can be invaluable. Then you are also able to better keep track of track changes and what direction to be looking.
Any tire guy can help you, and most any prep will work -- finding the support you need, whether it's over the phone or in person, is what you need to focus on until you get a good handle on working tires.

If there's anything we can help you with (specifically on our tire and prep program,) please feel free to call the shop or reach out to me on here, via email, or through our facebook page.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
35 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

You will definitely not need a tire checking 30 unless it rains. The size of the track has nothing to do with the duro of the tire, the bite of the track does. Our Black Sand has always been a popular tire treatment at Southern. Typically mixed 50/50 with our Ruby or Acrysol. I would concentrate on tires more in the 48-52 range especially leading into summer. I good tire cycle running on tracks like that is key.

You will definitely not need a tire checking 30 unless it rains. The size of the track has nothing to do with the duro of the tire, the bite of the track does. Our Black Sand has always been a popular tire treatment at Southern. Typically mixed 50/50 with our Ruby or Acrysol. I would concentrate on tires more in the 48-52 range especially leading into summer. I good tire cycle running on tracks like that is key.
Do you have any idea of what kind of through the week would be good. Like how many cc internally rolled and for how long at a time and how many days through the week before.

Back