bike motors?

has anyone ever ran a small motorcycle or dirtbike motor on a flat kart and created a "modified or outlaw" class.. something like a 450cc with a direct drive? just wondering what people have done with these karts before. maybe add pics of them?

Most don't run "direct drive" like a kart engine would...they either retain the motorcycle gearbox and clutch, or remove the gears/clutch and use a jackshaft setup.

You need to go over to the Dark Side of 4cycle. The open 2cycle side. That is all we talk about. That is the fast side of this forum LOL

Frankie

Bike/4wheeler engines have been used for years in karting
I have a 450 RMZ engine in the shop, just waiting to be mounted when i get around too it

ive only driven a briggs and clone karts myself, so the big motors are new to me. I dont know if i would be able to handle those fast karts but i do like watching them turn laps. it much more exciting

Sure you could...........it's just that you've been cloned down to the slowest common karting denominator.

DK

I was getting whooped by some kids in champ karts last week it was embarrassing. kid went smoking by me on the straights. and its not a long straight

Back