bite

I would be more than happy to help answer your question but I would also have a few questions to ask to help narrow down what would be best for you to use. I am not here to push our products and will gladly help with what you already have and we are very familiar with Track Tac and Burris tires.
Tom Dawson
Transfer Tornado Cuts
724-456-3757

For this time of year, using Track Tac I would use grape to get your duro where needed, and then you can put a few wipes of Blacksand and acrol, 50/50. That should do it. and then I would use orange, blacksand and acrol(if warm enough), or hlII and GP 75/25 for pre race.
If you have any questions feel free to call.

Chop Cutz
Venom Juice
Porkchop,
-(812)-447-3306

For this time of year, using Track Tac I would use grape to get your duro where needed, and then you can put a few wipes of Blacksand and acrol, 50/50. That should do it. and then I would use orange, blacksand and acrol(if warm enough), or hlII and GP 75/25 for pre race.
If you have any questions feel free to call.

Chop Cutz
Venom Juice
Porkchop,
-(812)-447-3306

how do you know what he needs to use without knowing if the track is wet, dry, sandy, slick, dusty, or what conditions he's racing on, even whether its a day race or night race? What you just reccomended may work on a dry track but would put him in left field on a wet track at night

If the OP simply wants to add bite to his Burris tires, then why not use a product that adds bite no matter what the track surface is like? If you want to soften, use a product that softens. Some products can be used together, some cannot. Some are better suited for internal use, some strictly external. Now, when and what products to use becomes a bit more challenging with different track conditions, (ie By itself, Black Sand prepped a week or two in advance works fine on dry dusty tracks while Topaz and Black Sand would be better suited for moist tracks -- common "bite" ingredient here is the chemical found in Black Sand.)
Like Tom said, I'm not here to sell you product, but you would do well to get with a tire guy in your area or choose one that you typically see on here. Spend some time with him and then spend some money with him. Stick with him. His experience will help you more than anything when you're new in this sport. Chris at Trac Tac can help you with specifics about their products as well.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Celebrating 25 years of service to the karting industry
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back