bleeding brakes

kartboy63

just installed the duel line caliber on the kart and just cant get the brakes hard as they should be, what is the best way to get them to pump up, I do them like a car, pump a few times and hold the brake down and open the bleeder, close and do it again.

I use a hand held brake bleeder vacuum pump. Fill the reservoir with fluid, slip the hose over your brake bleeder, open and pump. Close bleeder, recheck fluid in reservoir, repeat. Quick and easy. Harbor freight has an inexpensive one.

Never pump the brakes while you're bleeding the system. The reservoir is not big enough on a kart. You need to make the caliper bleeder the highest point in the system then force fluid through the master cylinder until you get a steady stream then close the bleeder. Don't pump the brakes until you get the system completely closed and you want to check it.

I have a small reservoir I hook to the caliper bleeder. I fill it half way with fluid. I open the bleeder and make sure the master cylinder is full. I slowly pump the brake pedal. Every couple pumps I top off the master cylinder. Take me about 10 minutes to bleed both sides. The pedal is rock solid with no air in the lines.

Back