Blue Wazoom motor value?

JTXR

A friend found a cache of 15 Blue Wazoom motors that have been sitting in a garage for the last twenty years. There are not any kart classes in my area that run those.

Any ideas if these motors have any value?

A friend found a cache of 15 Blue Wazoom motors that have been sitting in a garage for the last twenty years. There are not any kart classes in my area that run those.

Any ideas if these motors have any value?
Nice find. I'm not sure they will be of a whole lot of value other than to backyard racers at this point. The only class they would fit in would be "opens" and they won't be competitive there. Now, you could start your own class of them if you had a few buddies go in with you on them all. It's a fun engine (other than the carburetor in my opinion.) I would think with the aftermarket parts already installed in them, they should be worth $4-500 ea. the cams alone are worth $100, but there's just not a lot of call for cams that are only slightly larger. They're not big enough for real opens and too big for stock class rules. The cranks (unmodified) can be worth as much as $100 ea as donors for stockers since stock cranks have not been available from Briggs for a while now.
I don't need 15 of them, but I might be interested in taking a few of them off your hands if you decide to sell them.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

I feel like the counter weight was ground on mine . Cnc porting 3.5 cast flywheel. Nice engines though .

They stuck a Zama carb on them which is a Tilly copy but they were too lean. They had a tec on the carb so you had to live with it. If you want it to run its full potential that can be addressed.

Thats the basic premis only it was a controlled engine . Ie: spec engine .
Ports in my opinion were terrible cnc cut with lots of
90* angles .

Big block flathead supplied with a Tilly Hl 1a that wasn't worth a crap. We put 348's on em. If it's a Star it will have a billet rod also.

Yeah the 374 was for the Star, we didn't work with them but they were better than the 1A or the 363. I believe the h50 had a smaller carb. It's been so long. Lol .

Back