Bodywork Question???

MaxxT Out

Was wondering, before I have my BadMax powdercoated, if I was to have mounting tabs welded to my chassis in the rear and under seat area if it is possible to make a floor pan from another UMAX work on my BadMax????

You can make a floorpan out of high density plastic sheet, 1/8" thick. Have done it several times with several different chassis. Can use a heat gun to form the sheet the way you need it. The part where you would have to weld on the chassis would be the only concern I would have

Thanks guys... I just got the weld on tabs from George Bark and sundog makes a good point as far as where to weld the tabs on the chassis... Phantom I don't think that particular one will work, where the notch is for the sprocket, my cross bar going right to left where I mount my right seat post is only about 2 inches in front of the sprocket if that makes any sense:)... Kinda looks like the Excentric "under axle pan, and under the seat pan(2012-2013)" will be real close....

I just ordered a regular pan for my blaze octane from umax, i know they had the bumper pans not sure on rear pans. I just picked up a used on for $15, the blaze or c4 should be close to the badmax though

You can make a floorpan out of high density plastic sheet, 1/8" thick. Have done it several times with several different chassis. Can use a heat gun to form the sheet the way you need it. The part where you would have to weld on the chassis would be the only concern I would have
Where can one get there hands on such material:)?? I made a template out of cardboard and was gonna either make it myself or see what my options were.... I got a local welder that can git 'er done, just had them cut some nerf bars down for me for my swoop body.... One of my older karts has a floor pan made out of stainless aluminum or something....

Back