Bore carb

Tool wise obviously the mill .
Now backyard engineering ,. You could go with a hand file, Dremel, drill bit , ball hone or a reamer.
As far a how large, whatever they are using for stock appearing.
I don't believe it's a perfectly round hole with the fuel circuits and air bleeds coming in on each side.
Once you find them you have gone too far.

Disclamer... If this is ur first carb get an extra one first... Ull probably brake threw the first in a bad spot. Next how big are u trying to go and under what rules? If u just want a lil more with no rules a drill press and a slightly bigger drill bit will work... If u want more then that (s/a) carb a dremmel will be needed... The venturi isn't round! Its in between square and oval... Look at where ur idle circuit is and high circuit is... Don't brake into those! If u run like a bsp .625 carb ull want like a .623 reamer and a drill press

I usually end up with a bore of .665 to .668. I do it myself with an adjustable reamer. Take your time - go slow. Stay centered. I adjust the reamer out a little at a time. Haven't broke through yet - but it will happen. Best to buy one done right the first time.

I've been getting to .670-.680 on the latest predator carbs without breaking thru. Your in my area if I remember right...shoot me a message, I can hook you up with good bored stock carbs that work well abd win races all across the state at these tracks as well as tire and setup info if needed. If you race around Ky you can ask around about me, most know who I am

Back