Box Stock Carb Choice

The Rookie

First post of many here - Building my first clone and need a choice of carburetor

Looking at a variety of carb choices here for a Box Stock. Currently looking at an ARC custom built carb or the Holey Moses. Any preferences for these choices, or care to add another recommendation?

How much difference "REALLY" is there between a off the shelf Rui*ing and one that is built? Just starting out and wondering if its worth the extra $50-60

Thanks in advance

The ventral of a stock carb is any where from .607 to .612 and the Box Stock rules .615 max. Big gain from .607 to .615= more HP. I bore my own, but someone who can't the $50.00 is worth it.

The ventral of a stock carb is any where from .607 to .612 and the Box Stock rules .615 max. Big gain from .607 to .615= more HP. I bore my own, but someone who can't the $50.00 is worth it.

I could bore my own carb, however; when speaking towards a builders carb, its more the "custom" work that I'm wondering about making the magic

Pilot or idle jet and main jet testing along with engine temp also comes into play. You can build two engines just alike and the carbs will be set-up different if you test and read the plug and look at the pipe'

B&m karting ,renegade racing engines . His carb was top two in sneaks battle of the carbs .dyno test done better than the holy Moses .

I have two Holy Moses, one on a blue plate and one on a red plate. The red plate is on a true box stock blue harbor freight motor and it is pretty fast, I don't even have the timing advanced at all. The Holy Moses is the only ones I have tried, as I felt it made enough difference that I didnt have to go spend anther 50-60 bucks to get another.

Back