Box Stock Predator Governor Adjustment

Collin

Can you adjust the governor to hit at a higher RPM? I seen posts that people are saying can be set at higher RPM

There are a lot of Youtube videos showing things like this. If this is for go kart racing and you are trying to stay legal for the track you race at {yes, sadly, some tracks have strayed from Box Stock configuration) it would be helpful to let us know whats legal or not. If its a yard kart/minibike deal watch a lot of videos.

There are a lot of Youtube videos showing things like this. If this is for go kart racing and you are trying to stay legal for the track you race at {yes, sadly, some tracks have strayed from Box Stock configuration) it would be helpful to let us know whats legal or not. If its a yard kart/minibike deal watch a lot of videos.
Its box stock for kart class.
What hole is the one in the governor arm i should use to get more

Attachments

• E58FE1E3-D795-4C8A-A07C-5D9F61C71343.jpeg
    E58FE1E3-D795-4C8A-A07C-5D9F61C71343.jpeg
    186.2 KB · Views: 207
hitting 4900 on the track is bad advice hp peak is around 4000 its all down hill from there if its true box stock

Remember they check RPM on a kart stand, no load on it. If it hits 5100 on a kart stand will turn about 4-500 rpm less on the track. Set the throttle stop screw so it's just a hair under the rule limit and go with that. And it seems like I stretched the spring up to a further hole before I set the stop screw.

Again, when they check rpm its on a kart stand, not racing. Stay under the rule limit. I know of no ways to be under the rpm limit when checked and still race at the same rpm. These things are what they are, the worlds cheapest rototiller engine. They vary in performance. And what the other guys are telling you is true, best performance for them falls at less than 5100. Don't run the $25 dollar cheapest clutch you can find, get one that engages where it makes the most horsepower and torque. And pay attention to your tires.

Back