Brand New to Micro 600's

Maltamirano

I am picking up my first micro 600 on Tuesday and am need of a ton of help. I am the first one of our racing family venturing out into this area. Does anyone have any tips, advice, previous lessons learned, setup, pressures, stagger and so on. Do more people prefer the hans over the Simpson hybrid? Will more then likely be running at delta at stockton and other surrounding tracks that run them.

Last edited:
i will say the hybrid is without a doubt the best for smaller kids. Outside of that market i think its whatever you want to pay.

I honestly think that the Simpson hybrid is a lot more comfortable than a hans. The safety gear is not the cheapest but it is for sure cheap insurance.

If your car has a 10 degree seat which is pretty standard, you may not like the entry level Hans because they only make it in 20 and 30 degrees now. Their only offering of a 10 degree model is in the professional series and it’s not cheap. Whatever you end up with, practice over and over again with a timer getting out of the car while in full gear against the clock. It’s not safe if you can’t get out of the car when seconds count.

For your questions other than safety gear, the answers are more track specific, so without knowledge of what track(s) you plan on running, we can't be much help. If the car is a Hyper, as it appears it may be from your other post, go to the Hyper web site and check out their setup recomentadions for torsion bar cars; it's a good place to start, and experience will take you from there.

Back