Briggs l206 more than a name its a program with an attitude

Elmer Patterson

In the 50 plus years ive been in this sport ive seen alot of changes . From the mac days to the yamaha days and into the 4 cycle days . Along this same line all types of so called kart engines have come and gone . This briggs l 206 package is everything to the future of karting . " it the passion of karting with an attitude " let me explain in this day and age karting needs a boost in racers and families for the sport to grow this program is the real deal it puts racers in the seat where and when racers can go to the track and compete on a level playing field with a standard set of rules . Friends this is it. Clubs will grow both in members and entries. If your club needs the boost this is the real deal. Bring your attitude and share your passion. Get on board this program and lets change the face of karting for the future .

So far I'm diggin mine. Problem I have is I'm the only guy at the track with one so I have no class to race in, but the interest in clones is almost non-existent. I'm hoping to generate interest. Wish me luck.

In the 50 plus years ive been in this sport ive seen alot of changes . From the mac days to the yamaha days and into the 4 cycle days . Along this same line all types of so called kart engines have come and gone . This briggs l 206 package is everything to the future of karting . " it the passion of karting with an attitude " let me explain in this day and age karting needs a boost in racers and families for the sport to grow this program is the real deal it puts racers in the seat where and when racers can go to the track and compete on a level playing field with a standard set of rules . Friends this is it. Clubs will grow both in members and entries. If your club needs the boost this is the real deal. Bring your attitude and share your passion. Get on board this program and lets change the face of karting for the future .
'Like' and agree!

So far I'm diggin mine. Problem I have is I'm the only guy at the track with one so I have no class to race in, but the interest in clones is almost non-existent. I'm hoping to generate interest. Wish me luck.

You got it! (Good Luck....that is)...:)

We had that problem, being the only OHV engine in 2000.
Find a track and a class that runs lap times near yours. Ask for the OK to run with them.....always starting at the back. Your driver MUST
not rub or interfere with the other karts, as this will stop the arrangement, dead in it's tracks.
We raced using the 190 Intek's for a couple of years doing exactly that.....and had a blast. (The 190 is exactly the same engine as the 206 except with a shorter stroke.)

The other guys need to see what you can do....and let a class grow out of your single participation. It'll happen. Good luck! :) ....Paul Doss

Where about in Michigan? If you race asphalt, MRP (Gary Lobaugh) has an LO206 class junior and senior. 375# for the Senior I think, Hoosier R60 tires. Nice motor, we had 14 in our class in
June.

First 206 cup race at Road America tomorrow!The first of a 3 race,206 only series in wisconsin.Next race Aug 9/10 at Eau Claire.Come on out!

we are hoping for 50 karts.the weather is a little iffy but we have an agreement with the track to race on sunday if sat gets rained out.gotta start somewhere.we have some good stuff to give away at the drivers meeting so I hope we see a bunch of racers!

Back