Bully 12 tooth driver with bearing

bullerman

Anybody bought a new Bully 12 tooth driver with the bearing instead of the bushing. I bought on and put it with a 60 rear sprocket. Adjusted the chain and when I rolled it over it was like the chain wasn't rolling over the sprocket smooth. Took it back off to look at it. On side of the teeth the driver has grooves in it for the chain. Never saw anything like it. I took it off. Anybody else had this kind of trouble.

Attachments

• 20240322_134337.jpg
    20240322_134337.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 48
Anybody bought a new Bully 12 tooth driver with the bearing instead of the bushing. I bought on and put it with a 60 rear sprocket. Adjusted the chain and when I rolled it over it was like the chain wasn't rolling over the sprocket smooth. Took it back off to look at it. On side of the teeth the driver has grooves in it for the chain. Never saw anything like it. I took it off. Anybody else had this kind of trouble.

They are all made this way

I did change chains and put a new gold chain on it but it did it with the other chain also.
Wonder why they put the ridges on the hub part for the chain to run on. Looks like the teeth would be all it needs.
Have you ever ran a 12 tooth and found it to be smooth?

Attachments

• 20240322_181654.jpg
    20240322_181654.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 33
I did change chains and put a new gold chain on it but it did it with the other chain also.
Wonder why they put the ridges on the hub part for the chain to run on. Looks like the teeth would be all it needs.
New drivers, especially the smaller ones seem like they have to be run one time to smooth out. Just about all my small drivers weren’t up to my spec smoothness out the box but were fine after running once/breaking in.

It's not made for the chain to "ride" on it, it is scallop clearanced so that the chain doesn't ride on it. It also offers the bearing more support/strength through the driver since the ID is larger. Personally, I prefer the needle bearing drivers over the bushing.
Another thing to look closely at is your outside washer and snap ring. You should be using a small OD outside washer and spiral lock rather than snap ring. This is especially true with the 11T, but I do the same with 12T on our own clutches. The chain has a tendency to ride up on the larger washer or snap ring with 11s and 12s.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
35 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com