Bully clutch help!

drews103

I have a BRAND new 2 disc bully clutch I tried putting it on my flathead and without any spacers it has NO END PLAY I'm not sure if there's a special washer I need or not.

I have a BRAND new 2 disc bully clutch I tried putting it on my flathead and without any spacers it has NO END PLAY I'm not sure if there's a special washer I need or not.

5/16" AN washer.
If that's not easily available to you, use a 5/16" lock washer pinched shut and place on the end of the crank (inside the clutch hub.) If that gives you too much endplay, you can use a radius washer on the crank (my preference anyhow) before the clutch is installed. Radius washers are available at most all kart shops and engine builders. I run them on all of our flatheads and highly recommend them on ALL engines we sell.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
27 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Check the key to make sure it isn't too long. It has to go in past the end of the crank. I have also found that the cheap 1/4 " flatwashers that you get at lowes will fit snuggly over a 5/16 bolt and would be thinner than the washers Brian recommends if you need some different thickness shims.

Back