bully getting super hot

hawkeye1734

running 2 disc 6 spring bully on turquoise plate flathead with weights in both holes and black springs set at .035 air gap with spring hts set at bully specs. first week out clutch was fine second week clutch is getting super hot. floater is blue cant even touch it after race. seems to engage fine air gap has opened up to .042. im guessing that it must be slipping. any thoughts .back off on springs maybe change to red springs with one weight bolt?

supposed to have heat in it check it with a ir gun also call bully if it is new they will stand behind it 100% we deal with bully direct we order a clutch from them and we don't touch it and when its rebuild time it goes right back to them I never had one that I had adjust anything on it we bolt it on and do the proper weekly mantaince per bully did you do the break in process that bully recommends that will make a world of difference also

Sounds to me like it's slipping at too high an RPM. What is the stall RPM? Just start the engine, warm it up, hold the brakes and floor it, it just takes a couple of seconds or so, and read the tack.

Back