Bully

Racer214

So I’m tryna figure out how to set my bulky clutch to 3500 rpm can someone tell me how I got the gauge and everything to do it with I just need to know how

So I’m tryna figure out how to set my bulky clutch to 3500 rpm can someone tell me how I got the gauge and everything to do it with I just need to know how
We would need to know what clutch (4 spring or 6 spring) you have, and what color springs you are using.
The Bully website has good information on it to go by.
Be careful using the gauge with dial indicator. You need to zero it on a surface plate (or good solid flat surface) prior to using. Also be aware that Buller made at least 2 difference thickness retainers/adjuster nuts, so the flange that the gauge sits on to take a reading can be off by as much as .030" if a nut has been replaced at some time.
I use a pair of dial indicators to check inside to inside (the underside of the adjuster nut to the top of the actuator lever plate.) If you are using a dial indicator type tool to check this measurement, you will need to add the thickness of that flange (can be measured with...you guessed it, dial indicators.)

The Bully 6 spring 2 disc clutch is the most popular clutch in karting. Assuming that is what you have, you might start with 2 bolts/nuts in each weight lever, and red springs set at .215." That'll be a starting place at least. Again, if you're using the dial indicator style gauge that measures off the top of the spring retainer nut, you'll need to zero it for the thickness of the flange on the nut.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com