Bumping rule clarification?

Iowadad

I am new to Karting and our team has been sent to the rear several times over the last year when another racer gets into the left rear of our bumper/tire spinning us. By several I mean close to 3 of 10 times we have raced in the last year. Adult clone #370 and at multiple tracks in the Midwest. When I asked the tracks for clarification two of them have told me if you cause the caution you go to the rear. I am not being bias when stating we did not cause these cautions. Is this a rule I'm misreading or is it just commonly allowed to spin the kart exiting the corner in front of you?

The general rule is the one that spun goes to the rear.
If this is happening at various tracks I would look at your setup, maybe your a little to loose making it easier to spun or get spun.

The general rule is the one that spun goes to the rear.
If this is happening at various tracks I would look at your setup, maybe your a little to loose making it easier to spun or get spun.
Thanks. Any advice for the driver when someone is swiping at you?

I was taught to race someone how they race you. I had a problem with a driver running down on me every time I got under them.in the corners. I went to them and one more time. In the main event they done it again I deliberately spun them off the track. Never had another problem. Be smart when you pick your battles.

I am new to Karting and our team has been sent to the rear several times over the last year when another racer gets into the left rear of our bumper/tire spinning us. By several I mean close to 3 of 10 times we have raced in the last year. Adult clone #370 and at multiple tracks in the Midwest. When I asked the tracks for clarification two of them have told me if you cause the caution you go to the rear. I am not being bias when stating we did not cause these cautions. Is this a rule I'm misreading or is it just commonly allowed to spin the kart exiting the corner in front of you?
There looking at it like you cause the caution because they threw yellow for you spinning, MOST rules are who cause it and everyone involved goes to the rear which in some cases is only 1 kart, there not seeing it as him causing it by left rearing you, Most flagman would see that and both of you go back with him being shotgun to the field, If I'm you I'm having a conversation with the other driver plus pointing it out to the flagman, krtcn is correct the only way to race competitive is race that certain person the way you get raced.

Last edited:
you need to know also.
they try to be fair ,,,,,there is a possibility bias is involved.
When this happens was it a hot shoe driver ?
any possibility you were blocking .
Being new when your not quite fast enough it is sometimes best to move over and let them by.

you need to know also.
they try to be fair ,,,,,there is a possibility bias is involved.
When this happens was it a hot shoe driver ?
any possibility you were blocking .
Being new when your not quite fast enough it is sometimes best to move over and let them by.
Not sure it was our 2nd time there and running in 4th when spun. I'm guessing the flagman was watching the leaders and we were a quarter track behind them

That's also a possibility.
always enjoy racing at NKK .
Every one is human so mistakes do get made .
Some calls go your way ; some calls don't .
Its not worth sweating the fact moan and groan then move on to more important things .

Is there an exact place on the track where the spin occurs?

Or is it most anyplace on the track you get bumped and spun?

edit: is it entry, mid turn, exit or on a straight?

Is there an exact place on the track where the spin occurs?

Or is it most anyplace on the track you get bumped and spun?

edit: is it entry, mid turn, exit or on a straight?
Usually on exit...they typically make contact midturn and use us to slow their momentum...to say it differently they typically drive hard through the turn and catch our left rear/hopper stopper as we begin the exit.

Usually on exit...they typically make contact midturn and use us to slow their momentum...to say it differently they typically drive hard through the turn and catch our left rear/hopper stopper as we begin the exit.

all in jest: Get rid of your left rear hopper stopper and replace it with some protection for your driver and then let them catch a little air time instead. ... :)

Is this turn three/4 coming off that hill ?
Paul has a point , with no hopper stopper they will climb the tire and then they can't steer .
which they obviously can't any way or they would not be running into you.

Back