Burris 33’s

The wheels are VanK, 7lb on air and they were 2023 tires. I have been resurfacing the tires after every race weekend and letting them sit 2 weeks before using them again. I think I'm going to switch to wiping my practice tires earlier in the week with a bite prep and lay off the aggressive on them and see how that works out. All of my tires are punching a little over 60 on duro so I felt they were a little on the hard side to start. I also agree about not being able to make air pressure adjustments week to week because of not knowing track conditions, I made that statement because I thought that I could possibly have been too low on air to start as to part of my tire coming off the bead reasoning. I'm new to champs so setup is different to me, but in the kart you can feel a lot of weight transfer to the rights in the corner on my kart. Like I said I'm learning and I appreciate all the input.
By No means is this info in General Always in every case , nor considered Gospel , But if your more comfortable with Air pressures for Flat karts with more confidence , Sr Champ will be higher for sure others here involved in giving you info would know better than myself , but for conditions you've been racing under I'd guess like 1.5 lb to 3 lb higher air .

The wheels are VanK, 7lb on air and they were 2023 tires. I have been resurfacing the tires after every race weekend and letting them sit 2 weeks before using them again. I think I'm going to switch to wiping my practice tires earlier in the week with a bite prep and lay off the aggressive on them and see how that works out. All of my tires are punching a little over 60 on duro so I felt they were a little on the hard side to start. I also agree about not being able to make air pressure adjustments week to week because of not knowing track conditions, I made that statement because I thought that I could possibly have been too low on air to start as to part of my tire coming off the bead reasoning. I'm new to champs so setup is different to me, but in the kart you can feel a lot of weight transfer to the rights in the corner on my kart. Like I said I'm learning and I appreciate all the input.
I would have bet $100 they were 2023's. Quite a few people have rolled tires off the bead with certain batch codes of 23's. Burris appears to have fixed this for 2024. 7 pounds of air is usually fine.

Be cautious of duro numbers on tires that have aggressive prep in them. You can get a false reading (high) after they sat for a couple of weeks. As soon as you get a few laps on them and build some heat the duro will drop. A number in the low 60's with your weekly tires is a pretty good place to start.

Your tires are too hard.get em down to 50 duro.
Dont get obsessed with thinking prep is the answer bc its not.your kart has adjustments for a reason.a great handling kart will be fairly fast even with junk tires.
Try my theory at your local amusement park with rental go kart.they are all the same,but a couple of them will be faster and its not because of tires.i had one in panama city and it would fly and the chords was showing on the tires.it drove great.🤣use prep to get duro and a level of grip in them.bc really thats all ya can do.seat time is the magic potion.

Back