Burris Racing 2014 UAS Grand National Contingency

Burris Racing

Site Supporter
Burris Racing will award the A main winner of the 2014 UAS Grand Nationals at Dumplin Valley Raceway a $500 cash bonus and 3 complete sets of the 11.5” series Burris tires if the winner uses Burris tires on all 4 corners with a minimum of 2 tires being the new 11.5” tall series.

Open karts visited Dumplin Valley Raceway this past weekend for the Tri-State West Series and Burris tires showed extremely well on them. Lap times the previous week for the Clone Shootout (Burris event) were also significantly quicker than they were the following weekend on another make of tire.

Attachments

• Dumplin Valley UAS contingency 2014.jpg
    Dumplin Valley UAS contingency 2014.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 111
The new 11.5 series slicks are available in the B33B, B44B and B55A compounds.

11.5 x 7.0-6
11.5 x 8.5-6
11.5 x 9.5-6

We were told that 33's were run at DVR over the weekend in open

Great support from the Burris guys, you cant ask for more than that. Hope some of the other manufacturers hop on board as well.

This is some additional info about the 11.5” series tires that may be helpful off our web site.

https://id3528.securedata.net/test.burrisracing.com/merchantmanager/index.php?cPath=0_1_12_25

Popular tire combinations include the following:

Option 1: If you have enough clearance under the nose on the front of the Kart:
LF = 11 x 6.0-6 on 6.0” to 6.5” wheel------RF = 11.5 x 8.5-6 on 8.25” to 10” wheel

LR = 11.5 x 7.0-6 on 7.25” to 9.25” wheel------RR = 11.5 x 9.5-6 on 9.25” to 10” wheel

Option 2: If you have a standard front nose and clearance is tighter:
LF = 11 x 5.0-6 on 6” to 6.5” wheel------RF = 11 x 8.1-6 on 9.25” to 10” wheel

LR = 11.5 x 7.0-6 on 7.25” to 9.25” wheel------RR = 11.5 x 9.5-6 on 9.25” to 10” wheel

There are a number of other options that can be made to work and this is only some food for thought

Starting to eyeball them :) be interesting to see what makes them tick. Have some 55s and 08 33a's I keep around for certain tracks. I believe curiousity and funds will prevail eventually. Lol.

Ok will there be any reason to cut them ,and the reason I ask is because I like my tires a little on the hard side of 50 on the duro and I like to work mine down if I need to . I've always found that a hard tire is better than a soft tire in most situations I've been in

Mitch , that may work for some but it takes bite out of the tire and runs counter to what Burris has been recommending for high HP combos. Spreading it out doesn't really put any more rubber down , it just stiffens the sidewall, that sidewall flex will help hook it up. Jon

I have seen where some of the guys are running the 9.5s on 11" wheels and having good success spreading them out a little.

Mitch , that may work for some but it takes bite out of the tire and runs counter to what Burris has been recommending for high HP combos. Spreading it out doesn't really put any more rubber down , it just stiffens the sidewall, that sidewall flex will help hook it up. Jon

Opens are a different type of situation than the typical flat kart. You are trying to dial in grip with a balance as opposed to keeping the engine “wound up” in momentum racing. Not to say that an 11” wheel won’t work – it just changes the dynamics in how the tire reacts which may or may not yield maximum performance – evaluating it on your set up is the only real way to know what will work best for you. Personally, I would start with the 10" and experiment from there.

Kurt

Back