Burris Racing 2014 UAS Grand National Contingency

Ok will there be any reason to cut them ,and the reason I ask is because I like my tires a little on the hard side of 50 on the duro and I like to work mine down if I need to . I've always found that a hard tire is better than a soft tire in most situations I've been in

Cutting them won't make them harder, just thinner where the needle won't penetrate as far giving a harder reading. I would think that an open would be better off with uncut, but here again, everyone has their own ideas as to what works and doesn't

Ok will there be any reason to cut them ,and the reason I ask is because I like my tires a little on the hard side of 50 on the duro and I like to work mine down if I need to . I've always found that a hard tire is better than a soft tire in most situations I've been in

The set I have were bout a 55 duro new. I ran them with a 10" rim on the RR. The more narrow rims gave me so much bite at Daytona the steering became very heavy. Now as to make it steer easier take bite out of the RF with a 10" rim or back off the caster. Daytona was not a easy place to get grip the Burris tires were absolutely hooked on that surface using Mikes theory on rim width. I ran from 17th to 6th before my demise. Allot of my passes were due to other karts on other tires not having much if any grip More testing and tuning to come.

Back