Burris ss 11

Ducar 212

I was wondering about the burris ss 11 tires. There's a guy selling 2 sets of them that are brand new and I'm getting a good deal on them. I wondered how well they do for like small block open, high horsepower and need alot of grip.
I think the burris 33 is a good tire, but just curious about the 11s before I buy them

Quality wise they will last forever compared to others AS long as you don't try to run them when the track conditions are gripped up past what the tires designed for, and that softer moist track conditions, and under those conditions YES you need to prep them accordingly .

Keep in mind that 11s have a very soft (ie floppy) sidewall construction. That may, or may not, be what you are wanting with a small block open. You'll have to run higher air psi on them on bigger tracks to get the roll speed out of them that you would have with normal air on 33s.
Many times a 33 softened down from the outside will be faster than 11 but really depends on the track.
You really won't know until you compare the two back to back to determine what is better for that specific track condition.

Then, if you are permitted, you may consider a Vega Yellow for those soft tracks where you need a soft tire. With the stiffer sidewall of the Vega, there's generally a pretty big advantage over 11s.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
35 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Also 5 tires out of the 8 being sold are an 11x7.10-6, I need those 5 to fit a 10 inch rim, (technically the rim measures 9) that probably wouldn't work right?
I missed that detail in the add. Probably gonna have to pass on the deal

Maxxis blue and red? They are a pretty hard tire, I've got an old right rear and left rear, they are hard and slick, I guess they are made for an aggressive prep
I think vegas if you need a soft fast tire second choice would be the white maxxis. I’m in Burris country restricted to 33As. We use age and chemical to get hard, medium and soft alternatives. 11s are a fairly floppy tire

I think vegas if you need a soft fast tire second choice would be the white maxxis. I’m in Burris country restricted to 33As. We use age and chemical to get hard, medium and soft alternatives. 11s are a fairly floppy tire
Ok, I'll turn down the offer on those 11s. It's a good deal, but I need the best tires for the application. Yellow Vegas seem pretty popular. I have 2 sets of rears that I haven't run yet. I need to get the fronts

Yes open tire, at miller raceway in Montgomery Indiana.
Forget all the Maxxis recommendations.
We have guys killing it with our Vegas and prep program at Millers.
Give us a call at the shop, or talk to one of the guys running up front on Vega Yellows there.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.youtube.com
Linden, IN
765-339-4407

Forget all the Maxxis recommendations.
We have guys killing it with our Vegas and prep program at Millers.
Give us a call at the shop, or talk to one of the guys running up front on Vega Yellows there.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.youtube.com
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
Thanks alot for the info, are you guys close to Montgomery Indiana?
I'm about an hour from that track. Yeah I have been recommended the yellow vega by alot of people, I didn't know if many ran them out there, I figured it was probably mostly burris

Thanks alot for the info, are you guys close to Montgomery Indiana?
I'm about an hour from that track. Yeah I have been recommended the yellow vega by alot of people, I didn't know if many ran them out there, I figured it was probably mostly burris
No, we're west of Indy, but we have several customers who run there (tires and preps.)
Give us a call if we can be of any help. I have a big order of Vegas coming in today or tomorrow and I am working on several sets currently for customers.

Back