Burris tires and w-d 40

Hey has any one used wd- 40 on Burris 33 tires I heard of people putting it on there just never done it sounds weird to me just wondering about it if it works on these tires . We have a Burris tire rule at my local track and have to run ss 33 a and it's way cheaper than tire prep . I'm looking for some of the bigger Burris 33 tires I have a charger and it's to low to the ground and it's hell on engine mount butterflies I only tore them off like 5 times this year .

We used it all the time up in NY. WD 40 is a water displacement formula. You wash your tires then dry and put WD 40 on them it pushes out any residule water in the pour's and lightly conditions them.

Hey has any one used wd- 40 on Burris 33 tires I heard of people putting it on there just never done it sounds weird to me just wondering about it if it works on these tires . We have a Burris tire rule at my local track and have to run ss 33 a and it's way cheaper than tire prep . I'm looking for some of the bigger Burris 33 tires I have a charger and it's to low to the ground and it's hell on engine mount butterflies I only tore them off like 5 times this year .

Raise the chassis if you are tearing butterflies off.....

In the RC car world several years ago, a WD-40 and Turpentine mix was common to clean and soften the tires up. It does work.

wd40 is a oil base, i never did or use it as a prep.. we had a burris tire rule at our local track for years.. no tire rule now, and choice is maxxis, heres the problem, for the heats, a 44 would be fine, with a surface prep., for the main, 44 would come in fine, and go away, with 2-5 laps near the end.. put a 55 on it, and you have to prep it to come in the first couple laps, and hope its there at the end... imo.. they are very inconsistent. tried most everything, tractac, goat pee, akyrsol, home brews, etc.. the window is just very small..

call burris, they may have some recommendations..

for r/c foamys, we used gun cleaning solvent, i believe hoppes #9..

I bet you didnt know that wd-40 was made from chicken fat! Keeps eggs from sticking to the pan also!!!! Its "Pam" with a different label. Im not suggesting you eat it though!

supposed to be good for arthritis also, but i aint rubbing it on my joints,, its gotta have something bad in it, if it'll remove decal adhesive...

WD stands for water displacement. 40 is the designation it was the 40th attempt at the formula to keep parts from rusting on NASA equipment and withstand heat.

If you get oil, or dirt between your clutch discs.....WD40 makes an ideal cleanup spray. Spray it until you're satisfied that the trash is gone, and when you leave the grid, the clutch discs will slip a little bit, and removes the WD40. Clutch resumes it's normal workload.

I always used wd40 just as a conditioner. After prepping with some pretty harsh stuff I washed them up good and them applied a pretty haevy coat of wd40 and then let the tires sit till race day. At the track, back to the regular PRW. Gives your burris tires a nice grippy feel. I have heard of some folks actually using it as PRW at the track... BTW, it isn't chicken fat, it IS mostly fish oil. Wonderful stuff.

Dan

You guys have been sniffing to much prep. :)

Most of the wd40 blend is Stoddard solvent and the rest is generally petroleum based lubricants and a bit of detergent. Basically its just about all petroleum based ingredients. We make it sometimes where I work.

I use it for engine flush when I run alky.
Pop the plug out, spin the engine with the starter, and drown the thing with WD40 through the intake port.

Oh, and no longer good for sore joints.
I think it was rumor that was an attempt to increase sales back in the late '70s :)

Yep not a rumor, in fact it caught on so well that they stopped R&D on Advil & Aleve. ;p
Toushe' Gordon

I use it for engine flush when I run alky.
Pop the plug out, spin the engine with the starter, and drown the thing with WD40 through the intake port.

Oh, and no longer good for sore joints.
I think it was rumor that was an attempt to increase sales back in the late '70s :)

W d

I'm thinking about spraying my hole kart with like ten cans of w-d 40 for water displacement because all the races here in michigan keep getting rained out all summer the last two at the big track and today at the smaller one . I think I'm going to put the w -d in my hair for the greaser look And my helmet will slide on much better !!!!

Back