Burris tires

strong08

I have been racing for several years now mostly on burris 33ss on tracks in Kentucky and Tennessee. I have done fairly well, but I know I am not getting the most out of my tires. I have tried putting tires in the attic for so many months to age them, I have tried multiple preps such as goat, hot laps, the LS's. I have not really tried using any new tires that are thin cut. I am looking for some suggestions on things to do to get the speed out of my tires.

One more thing during the summer I keep my tires in my garage and it gets pretty warm during the summer months. Would it be better to keep them in the house when it is really cold or hot.

We have customers in the Kentucky region winning and very competitive up front. I would be happy to help you with using pink magic preps. Pm or contact me at 803 804 2835

Yea its a good idea to keep them stored where the temp is controlled. You would be surprised how well thin cut tires can make a difference when they are needed. I rarely am on full rubber tires anymore, same goes for alot of other front runners around Ky. Always a good idea to have several cut sets prepared differently, especially if you travel to different tracks like most of us do

Likewise, I'd be happy to help you with your Burris program.

Having the right cut/profile and tread depth can be all the difference in winning and losing. I'd say it's almost as important as having the right prep for the track conditions.
With Burris 33A rule racing, it's important that you build your tire inventory to include sets that work for specific tracks and applications (internal rolled vs. nothing internal, crown cut vs. flat cut, thick cut vs. thin cut, various durometer sets, etc.)

Give us a call if there's anything we can help you with.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Celebrating 25 years of service to the karting industry
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back