Calcium prepared track

Best results are to water and run in as normally would, then mist it with water again then spread calcium flakes key is use enough track should look covered, re run it in with run in vehicles it will get real slimy then gain some grip, when it goes dull looking shine leaves keep moving down and it's ready for karts, finish it off with karts as soon as run in vehicles go off.
If it does not go real slimy and you do not start hearing a vacuum sound as you run it in you did not use enough calcium, if it does not seal over and hold to where the track surface doesn't crumble , you did not have enough moisture in and on track when calcium went on, also always add to top surface only never down in the track, basically the flakes lay there and keep purging moisture for a lot longer period of time thus adds grip, and holds it together. Magnesium chloride flakes can be used as a substitute. When figuring out amount to use take into consideration cloud cover or sunshine but for example on a warmer sunny day my old 1/8th mile track took 16 to 18 ) 50 lb bags, It would hold all day and turn a normally 10 sec night racing track on 11's, into a high 8 sec day racing track on 55's.
What does a calcium track like for prep?

I'm assuming basic base midweek with a wipe on race day for early features with hopes just a new tire comes for features?

I'm assuming basic base midweek with a wipe on race day for early features with hopes just a new tire comes for feature
To be honest just because they use calcium means absolutely nothing. Also not knowing what tire brand youre running makes it hard to answer that question as well. Most of your better tracks use calcium to hold the track together as the track dries out. It takes a well prepared track for calcium to be able to do its job. If the track is prepared correctly and they use calcium then the track will have pretty good grip. In that case a non aggressive prep will be good. In the Track Tac line that would be something along the lines of AT-2 or Ruby of its really high bite or a little Black Sand in most cases. If the track is not prepared properly you will still just have a slick mess.

To be honest just because they use calcium means absolutely nothing. Also not knowing what tire brand youre running makes it hard to answer that question as well. Most of your better tracks use calcium to hold the track together as the track dries out. It takes a well prepared track for calcium to be able to do its job. If the track is prepared correctly and they use calcium then the track will have pretty good grip. In that case a non aggressive prep will be good. In the Track Tac line that would be something along the lines of AT-2 or Ruby of its really high bite or a little Black Sand in most cases. If the track is not prepared properly you will still just have a slick mess.
Burris in my case

I'm assuming basic base midweek with a wipe on race day for early features with hopes just a new tire comes for features?

As Chris points out just the fact Calcium is used does not always mean results as far as automatically Maximizing potential Grip, and track surface does not dry out and start to crumble, Here in Central Pa our tracks Grip up pretty well , Plus the guy's that do the track prep here are pretty good at being consistent with it and getting results as far as ending up with the racing surface producing Max potential Grip , Since we race all Burris here Mostly, and 33 rule I'll give you a typical day here for me when Helping someone racing Jr 3 , Day Race in Mid July Weather Forecast is 85 * Sunny all day , 9 am Practice , Time Trials at 11 am to 12:45 pm , Features 1 Pm to 6 Pm .
Kid runs 2 races Class # 6 and Class # 20 out of 22 total classes , 235 Total Entries. Class # 6 Practice 33s date codes 2020s to 2023s wiped with lot's of wipes of a Medium Base prep Like LS 2 or Flip Flop Medium since beginning of season in April, 2 fresh wipes earlier at the track Duro 46 , lower Air half lb split because Track will still be pretty slimey , Then class # 20 Practice, I may chose a Fresh new set, Cut never scuffed in No heat cycle yet , never wiped with prep some where near 4 lb air that will put a Good Scuff on them , Or If I had the same set already Scuffed In I'd use them in Practice to Put a Second Heat Cycle on them , Or track could be good enough by that time it would take a 3 Month old set never wiped with any prep, with 4 heat cycles on them , Then Qualify class # 6 could Be the Set I scuffed in during Practice , Or it could be an older set with more heat cycles on them, Then Class # 20 Qualifying Good chance will be a 1 year old set Never wiped with prep , fresh re-finish SD 20 or Simple Green and Go , Keep in mind this example is ME , others may get good results by Qualifying on a set wiped twice week of the race with Hard Track, When you got guys that are pretty good with Tires and reading the track The top 5 can get there 5 different ways.
Then Race class # 6 I'd be a 1 yr old tire , say 6 heat cycles so raced thinner say 50 thousands Never wiped with prep , somewhere near 7 lb of air with full lb split, Then race class # 20 provided they were still on scheduled time, and results of 1 st race, could be even little older set more heat cycles , or could be about the same, or even less heat cycles tick thicker , but in every case never wiped with prep.
Again others can make good speed with a set wiped with Hard Track even to race , but No more Aggressive than a Hard Track prep OR they would get experience that dreaded chemical slide.
Same Track same example as above , here Any Burris tire rule, some guy's would be on 55s with 45 to 60 Internal wiped a few coats of medium prep , or wiped with only hard track.
Maxxis would be 60 cc to 90 cc Internal wiped with for sure Hard Track maybe even Medium prep
Reapers Would be new never wiped prep, re-finish and just keep re-running them till wear dots are gone
Bottom line even with Calcium you still must be able to Read the Track surface and have a pretty good understanding of where it's at right before you go out, to be FAST !!

Feel Free to call me Guy we can discuss it further , and can get into last yrs MWROC at Little Eldora since you were there, Now that surface even though it never rolled any dust , was completely different than what is Normal here , as it never got near it's Max Grip potential because it was somewhat sealed over , However we had NO choice other than SEAL it Really good Fri, with the Weather forecast for Sat morning or Jamie had no chance of getting the race in .

Back