calling clutch pros

You're trying to get the Noram to work like a disk clutch where is slips in the tight turns. I wish you luck but, these clutches wern't made for that. They can slip at top end if you're running light shoes and springs. I set mine to lock about 2000 and be direct drive everywhere on track and the shoes still burn from the parade lap @375.

not all turns theres 2 low speed turns at the track I normally go to where the clutch seems to take a long time to grab n get me going... that's where im hoping to see the improvement but I think i'll bog with the harder lock up that's why im thinking I may have to use the softer setting? don't know tell I get to the track?

The softer settling pulls better anyway. The chattering on the hard setting bogs the engine

ya that's what I found... I love the way it locks hard!!! but after testing I found for my needs the motor just wont do it... the clutch will hit so hard it will bog, but it doesn't have the power to just pull threw like it never happened... so I found for my needs I have to have that slip... im going to go with the #4 setting listed above with white springs... and once I get some real track time not just test hits I may or may not be able to use the #3 setting? I think the only way running a sprint course I could get it to hit like that and just shake it off would be a heavy flywheel and a high rpm lock up... but on a sprint course id burn shoes doing that... on a circle track I may be able to pull that off but once your locked up you need to keep it that way or ull eat the shoes... so I haven't decided if its really better then my max torque? ya it has the adjustability I had to have for this build!!! but in the long run does it really act any different? cause it doesn't hit harder... but I do think that the shoes are better quality!!! so im hoping that that will lead to a lil more off the corner?

yep something has to slip or the engine will bog down. If you have the hp to over come grip at the tires you can lock it up, if not you have to slip the clutch. Slipping either the clutch or the tires keeps the engine closer to peak hp and ready to go, once you get going, then bogging the engine down. That's why your going to get going better either slipping the clutch or slipping the tires. The whole thing in getting going is still to operate your engine at peak torque.

even with this build theres not enough power between gearing and pavement to spin the tires... so it comes out as a bog... but that's ok ive got it working

Back