Cam for 60363

it could be the cam or it could be a combination of several things. gearing, timing, cam, springs....all of it together must match and work with each other to produce the power you want. the engines that we built for this last season had the 356 cam...big cam for a big track...i was suffering from a weight disadvantage, but could get the cam to come in late in the race, my son could fire right off the line and keep up with everyone and did score his first feature win...

i'm planning on our builds for next year and looking at using the 60636 for the bottom end and then working on the top end. had it told to me by several premire engine builders that the head is where the power comes from. so i'm going to put some research and thought into what i can do to bring this power out.

waters21....you may be running out of engine before you run out of track. getting off the corners is only one part of the track that you have to work on. what kind of work have you done to the head? do you hit valve float before hitting the end of the straight? stock appearing doesn't mean that you have to use only stock parts! our stock appearing class means that it has to "appear" stock from any distance at any time. that don't mean that internally it has to be stock!! may i ask? where do you run?

I currently have a cl1i and it seems like it just quits pulling down the straight away almost like valve float but I have 22lb springs and a arc billet flywheel it's hard to beat off the corners but I'm getting pulled down the straight aways. The reason I was curious about the black mamba is because someone I run with has on in a blue clone and that thing hauls!!! And it has stock every thing else except 18lb springs. Is it possible that I'm just running out of cam?

What rpm are you turning?

it could be the cam or it could be a combination of several things. gearing, timing, cam, springs....all of it together must match and work with each other to produce the power you want. the engines that we built for this last season had the 356 cam...big cam for a big track...i was suffering from a weight disadvantage, but could get the cam to come in late in the race, my son could fire right off the line and keep up with everyone and did score his first feature win...

i'm planning on our builds for next year and looking at using the 60636 for the bottom end and then working on the top end. had it told to me by several premire engine builders that the head is where the power comes from. so i'm going to put some research and thought into what i can do to bring this power out.

waters21....you may be running out of engine before you run out of track. getting off the corners is only one part of the track that you have to work on. what kind of work have you done to the head? do you hit valve float before hitting the end of the straight? stock appearing doesn't mean that you have to use only stock parts! our stock appearing class means that it has to "appear" stock from any distance at any time. that don't mean that internally it has to be stock!! may i ask? where do you run?
I haven't done any head work yet. I run at bois d arc speedway in missouri it's basically a back yard track. There's videos on YouTube.

It's faster out of the corner now that I put on the billet flywheel but since I put it on its killed the straight away speed I just can't figure out why?

absolutely timing!! check your timing and make sure that it's right. sometimes the key will shift when you put the flywheel on and that will kill everything that you were hoping to accomplish. and you might want to check into a 14 cc head. $45 thru ARC (i'm sure the other companies have them jsut as reasonable). even if you don't do anything other than putting it on, it will give you some more power. remember tho, that anytime you make a change (no matter how small or large), you have to look at everything else that could be affected by the change. personally, i love the hemi head idea, but everyone i've talked to said that you can get more power out of the stock like heads versus the hemi head....just too much to do (menaing time and money) to get it right for racing....

absolutely timing!! check your timing and make sure that it's right. sometimes the key will shift when you put the flywheel on and that will kill everything that you were hoping to accomplish. and you might want to check into a 14 cc head. $45 thru ARC (i'm sure the other companies have them jsut as reasonable). even if you don't do anything other than putting it on, it will give you some more power. remember tho, that anytime you make a change (no matter how small or large), you have to look at everything else that could be affected by the change. personally, i love the hemi head idea, but everyone i've talked to said that you can get more power out of the stock like heads versus the hemi head....just too much to do (menaing time and money) to get it right for racing....
I appreciate all the input very helpful!!! Would 4* be ok or should I be looking more timing? And I will order one of those heads. As far as a head gasket goes can the ok ones be reused or should I go with something different?

And will the head for the clone fit? I see where it says predator non hemi head so I'm assuming it would be the clone head?

I believe the clone heads fit the hemi block without messing with the dowl pin holes. Haven't checked and might want to verify that but I'm 95% sure.

The head in my right hand will not go on the dowels of the block in my left hand some may some may not these do not(until i machine them)!

Back