Cam identification

Mrdavid78

How do i tell what cam i have in an engine ? I have a Rich Kelley engine but have no idea of what it contains. So now that i have it opened how do i identify the cam ?

How do i tell what cam i have in an engine ? I have a Rich Kelley engine but have no idea of what it contains. So now that i have it opened how do i identify the cam ?
Does Rich Kelley stamp his engines to identify them or do you know the complete history of the engine? Give him a call and see if he will tell you what cam is in it.
You can always roll the cam and take measurements with a dial indicator and degree wheel. Then you'll know what you've got. You'll want to do that when assembling your engine anyhow.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Does Rich Kelley stamp his engines to identify them or do you know the complete history of the engine? Give him a call and see if he will tell you what cam is in it.
You can always roll the cam and take measurements with a dial indicator and degree wheel. Then you'll know what you've got. You'll want to do that when assembling your engine anyhow.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
Ive only found 1 person that has ever heard of rich kelley and apparently life dealt him a shitty hand and he doesnt do engines anymore. Nobody around my area has ever heard of him amd i cant find anything about he or his engines. Got a very breif back story on the engine, and kinda just wanna know how to identify whats in it before i start throwing **** in it..

It’s pretty easy just micrometer it. Lift and duration the 2 lobes will probably come out differently then call dyno cams they can give you an idea. To get technical on the cam a degree wheel a dial indicator to find centerline on the cam.

Back