Cam shafts

mocrawlin

NKA clone 400 or super heavy class. What cam? I have one guy says CL2, one says ya can't beat a CL3, one that says FMS house cam, one that says EV6.

Whats anyone with a dyno seeing on a legal, non ghost ported head engine?

The cl2 to me is outdated, the cl3 is a good cam but to me lacks bottom end, have no idea what the fms cam is and havent tried the ev6 yet but I loved the ev3. Tim habuik has a great camshaft also at trj karting I have been running it in most my engines and been very pleased with its performance as has my customers and Dyno numbers are good.

1/8th mile with banking geared 12/63 or 64 usually. but will be running a series next year so will see several different tracks all probably this size or a lil bigger.

i would go with ev 6 or trj karting cam both make good power from low to top we use the pc 2k 17 on smaller tracks

Also curious if studs can or can not be used in the sidecover or head on nka stock clone classes? all the rules say is studs can be used for repairs. lol

and thanks for the cam info guys. i am very interested in learning about cam/crank indexing. anyone have a link to anything pertaining to this procedure? thanks again.

I completely disagree with the way your above post finds intake centerline. We have had this conversation below about finding true centerlines. So here's the short of it. Striaght from Dyno Cams :

Hi Tuttle,

We have always checked the centerline at .050 off max lift. I have never checked it off the base.

Thanks

Randy Garner
Sr. Innovation Engineer
randy@dynocams.com | www.dynocams.com
p. 910.655.9035 | f. 910.655.4797

Back