Cam Timing and Choice

In the process of rebuilding my open animal motor. Specs on the motor are 2.736 bore, 3.625 rod, 356 billet adjustable cam, Flathead crank, faster motors billet head with 1.25 billet ratio rockers, also has competition HL380. Trying to figure out cam choice. Currently have the 356 with it set at zero and seems like it lacks coming off corner. I have a 310 billet adjustable and wandering if I should try that. Also want to know if I should leave either cam at 0 or change timing on them. Trying to turn the motor around 8200-8600

Your not having any trouble getting those rpms currently?
Or what is your current rpm range .
No problem getting those Rpms currently. It just feels like coming off the corner it could use more. Seems like it doesn’t start making power until higher rpms

In the process of rebuilding my open animal motor. Specs on the motor are 2.736 bore, 3.625 rod, 356 billet adjustable cam, Flathead crank, faster motors billet head with 1.25 billet ratio rockers, also has competition HL380. Trying to figure out cam choice. Currently have the 356 with it set at zero and seems like it lacks coming off corner. I have a 310 billet adjustable and wandering if I should try that. Also want to know if I should leave either cam at 0 or change timing on them. Trying to turn the motor around 8200-8600
I’m looking at this head rocker combo for my wf. My rpm is 3600-4050 off the corner to 8500 on a sprint track. What is your slow corner rpm? most of these engines I’ve seen don’t start till 5500 - 6500 Rpm. I wonder what it’s like to seat next to lawn mower engine tuning 12,000 rpm.😁

Back